Ch 31-I'm Ready To Sit Down On This Cold, Sweaty Floor And Sleep Forever

"Faster, Burns!" Shane yells and I grit my teeth. Swifter than the time before, I complete a flying jumpkick. I look at Shane and he nods I'm appraisal. Thankful, I continue to jumpkick at the same speed.

"Damn it, Banter. Higher!" Shane yells at Kyle whos kick is too low. I secretly snicker at the douche.

"Robinson! That power is pathetic." Shane barks at one of the other newbies. There are four of us--me, Kyle, Rick Robinson, and Marcus Combo. Currently, the four of us are going through a rigorous training. All of the team is watching us. Well, more of me. Being the only girl, the guys are watching me like a hawk.

"Alright, stop!" Shane yells and I cease. "Banter, right hook. Robinson, roundhouse. Combo, jabbing. Burns, blocking with Addams." He fires off and I glance. Around. Addams, Addams, Addams...

A toned man with a bulging chest and brooding face steps out from the crowd. His eyes showing nothing he brushes past me, onto the mat. He stands, his hands on his hips(the ones that were barely holding up a pair of gym shorts) and motions with his head to join him. Nervously, I force my legs to walk a swift, confident walk--somthing I have perfected to look natural.

I step onto the mat and he has at it. Immediately, Addams turns around and throws a swift kick to my head which I nimbly dodge. Not wasting any time, he kicks my face but I duck.

"Burns! Every time you dodge is another suicide!" Shane yells and I internally groan.

Addams goes for a punch and I dodge, out of instinct.

"One!" Shane yells. Shit.

Addams tries to uppercut me and I make a pathetic attempt to block. He knocks my jaw. He turns around to kick my face and I step back.

"Two!" Come on!

Addams goes for my ear and I narrow my eyes. I'm done. No more suicides. I think back to all I've learned about blocks in the past. When his fist comes close to me, I throw my left hand in the air, knock his fist out of the way, and punch his stomach with my other hand. He swiftly tries to kick my face in but using both hands, I slam my forearms down to block it.

For about 5 minutes, it goes on like this, and I only dodge twice more. By the time Shane yells stop, I sweating a gross amount.

"Burns, four suicides" he barks at me and I grit my teeth.

I go to the wall, get in position, and start the suicides.

Once I finish those, I'm ready to sit down, on this cold, sweaty floor, and sleep forever.

"Bring it in!" Shane yells, and I force my body to jog to him.

"That was agonizingly awful. You all better get your act together or youre off the team" He spits. My heart clinches at the idea. I've worked to hard for this.

"Alright. Spar for the last five minutes." He barks and we nod. We each get into two opposing lines and pair up. I'm up first with a smirking, built guy. "On my whistle!" Shane yells.

"Will you blow my whistle, baby" Smirky(don't judge my nickname), surprise, smirks. I roll my eyes as the whistle sounds.

Immediatly, I go in for a jab, an amature move that effectivly surprises him. "Point" I smile. He grunts but smiles. He goes for a kick to my head which I block, and if I may say, beautifully. I return a kick to his thigh. "Point" I say cheerfully. The whistle blows again.

"Switch!" He yells. I turn to face my new partner, Brice. He smiles, showing emotion for the first time since I've met him. "Let's see what you've got, Burns" He says. The whistle blows and Brice has at it. Starting with a right hook, I'm blocking left and right. I'm on defense the entire time--something I'm not used to. Finally, when he kicks, I see my chance, block and return a kick to the back. "Point" I breath just as the whistle is blown. He nods his head and moves on.