Chapter 38

2 months later

Buzz Buzz

Gureon checked his phone and smiled, it was a message from his lovely wife, asking whether he was done with the classes for the day or still not.

He just directly called her and patiently waited for the beeping to end.

"I knew you would call me. Are you finished with your classes, darling?"

It has been two months since Eunbi started calling him that but he still blushed every time. Not to mention she always said 'darling' more alluringly than other words.

"Yeah, just finished. On the way home now. Will you be coming late tonight?"

"Hmm, nope. I finished work early today so I'm also on the way home."

He smiled while cheering loudly internally. "I see. I can be with you longer then."

"Do you love me that much?"

"See? You're asking the same question again. You asked that a thousand times already."

"You're not answering so I will hang up."

He could totally imagine her pouty face inside his head. "Noona, wait! I love you. Happy now."

He heard a cute giggle inside the phone. "I know, but hearing that from you makes me so happy."

"If that makes you happy, I will say I love you an infinity of times as long I'm still breathing." That might sound exaggerated but it's the truth.

"I love you too, Gureon."

He stopped walking, not caring that he was standing in the middle of the busy walks. He suddenly felt alerted.

"Noona, is something wrong?"

"Everything is fine...right?"

"That is not an answer."

Eunbi's light laugh could be heard. "Since we both free this evening, wanna go out? We moved into this city not that long, so it's a good chance to look around."

"Where are you, noona? I'll be there."

"I'm in the closest cafe near the studio I work at. Do you still remember?"

"Yeah, I do. I'm coming now, don't go anywhere."

He hung up and went into the dim and quiet alleyway.

He didn't have the patience to take any transportation because of his troubled heart so he jumped up on top of the buildings, running and leaping from one building to another.

.
.
.

Eunbi lowered the phone from her ear. The comfortable breeze washed over but it didn't help her calm down at all as she exhaled, her arms on the rails of the second-floor terrace of the cafe while looking at the faraway horizon.

A presence behind her was ignored. They already discussed what they needed to, so there was no point for her to talk with that person any further.

"Eunbi- no, Your Highness, why can't you come with me now? The Angels need you as their queen. Only you can stop Regal from his madness!"

"Advisor Yura. I respect you as my late mother's best friend so please don't rush me right now. I told you I will go, but not now." She turned around facing the woman.

"Is it because of him? Why did you marry him in the first place? Because of what his father left, Belladonna seeds?" The advisor chuckled, moving closer to her.