Chapter 55

"Come with me, Demon and I shall spare your life and the others," Eris spoke as if Gureon would listen to her as if he would go into her embrace with open arms, and as if he would gladly abandon his loved ones just to be with her.

Not even in her wildest dreams that is going to happen. To him, her threat was not more than a mere mosquito that he swatted flat and tossed the corpse into the flowing drain far away from him.

"Your threat could only work if you have the power to back up your words, but sadly, you don't." He grinned, showing off his clean white fangs.

"Big words for a small Demon. You see, my slaves here are limitless. I know with your strength you can defeat them but you can't go on forever."

The ugly creatures lined up behind her as they were ordered by some kind of invisible force that couldn't be seen with naked eyes. They were like a pure slave, existing with the sole purpose of serving the Goddess till they died.

"Nothing is limitless except my love for my angelic wife..." He blinked once. "God, that is so cheesy. I'm sorry!" He bowed his head at the others awkwardly as they just shook their heads at him. 

On the other hand, Eunbi giggled amused by what he said thus had gotten a disbelief look from the other eight around her. How she could feel entertained by that is beyond their faith and understanding.

Clearing his throat, he focused on the enemies. There was indeed a lot of that ugly creature and the stars falling above his head were another problem that he had to solve. If they crashed, that whole place would turn to dust.

'We're almost out of her domain so until then, I need to stall for time.'

The location was supposed to swap out instantly he snapped his fingers but Eris's domain was too stout that it needed a while for the place to completely transported out.

He crossed his arms, staring at the Goddess intently. "Do you love me? Is that why you're doing this?" He knew what he asked sounded self-centred but he wanted to know her real reason.

"I want you. That is my reason. With you and me together, the Infernal World will bloom like never before. After that, we can rule everything." Her tone was calm but her eyes were bathed in excitement and an insane amount of greed.

He chuckled, feeling relieved by her answer. "I should've expected. It's all about power. Well, you fit to be a Demon so why not become our special guest in Infernal? You can stay however long you want. How about that?"

"Are you mocking me, lowly Demon?"

"Yes, I am, Miss Goddess." He shot her a wicked and empty smirk.

"Now you have angered me. Since I said that I want you, don't you dare to think that I will not hurt you. There's plenty of ways to do so. For example, your precious and dearest family."

Her ugly slaves growled as they loudly flapped their wings, getting ready to attack him and the others as well.

He believed they would be fine with Yeoweon there but a showcase of an overwhelming power was needed for the Goddess to know her place- she was far beneath him.

"And I have plenty of ways to stop you."

As he finished stating that, the creatures on the left side of the Goddess were all had been cut in half before their bodies burned by indigo flames, dropping to the ground inside the coliseum.

As for the creature on her left side, their chests where their hearts were located had been blasted with a hole in the size of a normal bowling ball. Thus, they also dropped dead to the ground.