Chapter 2

Back in the mansion inside the living room, while Eunbi was treating the injuries on Gureon's face, Hyewon walked past in front of them and incidentally turned her head toward her older sister and Gureon.

She stopped, retreating back a few steps. "What's with him?" She asked, kind of curious.

"What else? Because of those good for nothing of our cousins, of course." Replied Eunbi while still focussing on the treatment.

"It's rare for you to speak badly of others so I take it they went overboard this time." She said and averted her eyes to him.

To Hyewon, he looked dead as usual. Even when he was supposed to cry out in pain because of the wound care solution, but all he did was sitting there like a dead man.

It made Eunbi look like she was messing around with a mannequin instead of treating a live person's injuries. She would be frustrated whenever she saw him.

Because of that, whatever reason her father had, she would never be his wife. It was rude to say it but deep inside her heart, she feels he was unworthy to be with her and to be a part of the Serenity's household.

"Unnie, you've heard what father and I were talking about, right?" She asked even though she was sure Eunbi heard it.

She looked at her sister for a while before getting back tending to him. "Yea, I did."

"I know you really well, unnie. So, don't try to talk to me into it. I will never agree." She firmly said, glaring at him one last time and walked away.

After her sister disappeared, Eunbi's hands flopped down as she heavily sighed with her eyes closed. Unknowingly to her, the air coming out went straight into his ear, causing his shoulders and head to shudder.

She opened her eyes to face him, looking blank as usual. "I'm sorry on Hyewon's behalf. I hope you don't take it to heart."

She brushed off that matter to the side for the time being and focused on treating his injuries. She rubbed some cream on it with her two fingers before finishing it off by pasting a bandage with three straps of tape.

She moved in front of him and bent down to make him look at her. She examined her finished job on his face and smiled as she feels satisfied with it.

She then realized how close their faces were with each other and backed away, sitting beside him again while slowly putting away all the stuff back into a first aid kit box.

"Ha~ My face is red now. Didn't you feel anything looking at my face that close?" She teasingly said, looking up at him.

Of course, there was no answer coming and for some reason, she was disappointed but already expected that much at the same time.

She pouted her lower lip. "No wonder Hyewon rejected you. Maybe you should hit on her once in a while."

She finished packing the stuff and stood up. "It's all done now so you may excuse yourself."

Gureon heeded her words as he stood up and makes his way toward the front door and disappeared from her sight. She didn't bother following him because she knew where he will go.

That goes for everyone to be honest. On the weekends after breakfast, he would tend to the farm left by his late father from morning to dusk time and then appeared inside the mansion to eat dinner.

As for working days, he would go to the same college as Hyewon to study. What shocked people is how he was able to pass all the subjects and even know how to use a laptop.

Besides his dead robot-like personality, he manages to do anything that normal people do. That's why some people in the household pity him and wondered what was the cause of him to become like that.