Chapter 27

The mess inside Yuri's family's eatery was halfway sorted out when the owner tells them to stop and eat as the meals for the breakfast were ready.

Gureon fixes up one of the still usable tables and chairs while Eunbi and Yuri were in the kitchen, assisting in getting the foods ready.

Done standing up the table, he kicks the legs one by one to check if it could support anything put on it or not. After several more rough kicks, he finally satisfied.

"All good here, young man?" Yuri's father asks, coming out from the kitchen.

"Yup, we can still use this. It's still strong and sturdy." He pats the top of the table.

"Strong and sturdy, just like you, eh?" The old man punches his bicep, grinning.

He hisses playfully. "Well, I can't deny that."

The two men started laughing but the old man's laugh conquers most of the eatery and even booming outside the building.

It was only a small chatting but it gives them the happiness that they much needed especially for Mister Jo and his family.

"Uncle, can I ask you something?" He asks while picking up a usable chair and places it beside the table.

Mister Jo realized that he drops the formality and smiles. "Go ahead. If it is something I know then I will surely tell you."

He steps aside for a bit and directs his sight on the gray ashes near the busted walls. "Who killed them?"

Mister Jo follows his line of sight like a laser and replies, sounding quite sad.  "A friend of Yuri..."

"A vampire?" He asks although he knows that normal humans wouldn't stand a chance against the Vampires. 

He gets the answer from Yuri herself as she and the others walked out of the kitchen. Her face didn't look really pleasant.

"Yes, he was my friend and also the one who turned me into one of them," Yuri answers, putting a tray of foods on the table.

"I don't know why he always helped us but I couldn't care less." She says as firm as she could sound.

Even though Yuri shows nothing on her face but in her eyes he could see a hint of sadness, care, and love.

As what people say, your eyes are the window to your soul, and apparently, Yuri didn't want other people to see what was inside them at that moment.

However, as he was about to talk, he feels a gaze coming from his wife, and when she looks at her, he saw Eunbi shaking her head lightly.

He perfectly receives her signal and drops the idea of further questioning the younger girl. Plus, pushing Yuri to the land of sadness wasn't in his bucket list.

"I see." He speaks, moving an arm to his chest while the other arm up to his face, rubbing his chin.

"So many mysteries. I should've brought glasses so I could look a bit more detective-like." He states and gets a pinch on his ribs.

"Stop acting weird and let's enjoy the breakfast." Eunbi shoots up a glare at him, telling him to behave.

She couldn't lie that sometimes, she wishes he would act as a silent man again and behaves normally only when he is with her.

That way, she could easily control him and makes him stay at her side all the time.

.
.
.

While Gureon and the others were enjoying the breakfast, Yuri and her family starts telling them how the once formerly peaceful town could become a mess.