Chapter 1

It was a Sunday morning, while other people were having breakfast peacefully, Serenity's household was also in the middle of having their breakfast.

The only different thing was, it wasn't a peaceful breakfast time as their youngest daughter slammed a pair of chopsticks on the table.

"Father! Are you seriously thinking about doing what that deceased old man asked!?"

"This is ridiculous! He isn't even here anymore!"

The head of Serenity couldn't help but glares at his daughter with disbelieve. He never thought the quiet and calculated girl would burst out like that.

"Hyewon! The man that you spoke lightly of was our savior! Without him, we would be dead earlier than a human!"

Hyewon quieted down a little bit after her father's snarl but still, she won't be satisfied as long as he didn't cancel the plan.

"But what he asked is not making any sense! We are already taking good care of his son so why he asked me to marry him!?"

She once again let out a barrage of words and finished with a stabbing stare toward the said late old man's son.

He, as usual, was looking straight to the front with a pair of empty eyes. His face didn't show any emotions and no one had any idea whether he understand anything of what people have spoken or not.

"You see that? He doesn't have a little bit of clue what this discussion is all about."

She pointed at him to add a point to what she just said and hopefully, her dad will reconsider.

"I know, that's why you should just do it. You won't notice him even if he becomes your husband." Said her father.

"You only need to feed him and he will be on his way as he normally does."

It was the leader's turn to try reasoning with her daughter. He knows it was hard for her daughter but he already promised to that young man's father to officially take him into the household.

And also, by completing what the old man asked then he will obtain a precious treasure which the dead man left behind. The mentioned treasure was greatly needed to fight the invading Demons.

"I won't do it! I refuse to be his spouse!"

She yelled and stood up, screeching the chair to the back before she stomped off, leaving the luxurious dining room.

She almost bumped into her older sister that was on her way inside but she didn't spare a glance and walked past the older woman with a burning face of anger.

Eunbi saw the troubled look on her father's face as she approached the table. She has heard their argument a minute ago so it was not a surprise for her father to feel like that.

"Father, couldn't you choose a more suitable time to tell Hyewon about that promise?" Eunbi spoke as she sits down.

"Now, she will be in a bad mood for a while."

She spoke and looked at the other presence in the dining room. He was still looking blankly to the front with his food still untouched.

"And you guys even forgot to tell him to eat first."

She shook her head, looking at her father as the older man could only gasp in realization. They were too caught up in a heated discussion.

"Gureon, you can eat now." She said, nodding at him.

Upon hearing the order of her soft voice, he immediately lowered his head and started eating.

Although he looked like a person with no awareness or conscience, his appearance was neat looking and all his movement was polite.