Chapter 26

Gureon snapped his head to the right and to then the left as he walked away from the three burning figures whose once to be a human.

The street lights automatically turned off when the sun rises up to the clear blue sky and illuminated the world as the day began.

He shoved his hands inside the pockets of his track pants, ignoring all the gazes he felt through the windows of the nearby houses, hidden inside.

His tongue clicked against his teeth. "Cowards..." He muttered and continued down the road.

If the memory of his kid self served him right, he would find Yuri's house in no time but if it does not, wandering around was the only option left.

All of a sudden, he stopped and exhaled the faint familiar scent lingering in the air before the corner of his lips curved up.

"Why does she smells so good?" He asked himself and began following the fragrant of his wife before it could dissolve into the air.

.
.
.

Eunbi and Yuri landed in front of a decent and average-looking eatery. Transparent glass as the walls and bordered with brown wooden frames around the base. 

However, if not for the large hole on one of the sides, it would look one hundred times better.

Even the front door was nowhere to be seen, leaving the welcoming bell hanging at the top of the broken door frame by itself.

Without wasting a second, Yuri rushed inside through the broken walls as Eunbi carefully follows behind her while inspecting the place for any hidden danger.

"Mom! Dad! Are you in here!?" The young red-haired girl desperately called for her parents.

At the same time, everywhere Eunbi looked, it was a mess. Cutleries, broken tables, and chairs were scattered on the floor as they crunched under her foot.

Also, something that attracted most of her attention was the four batches of gray ashes gathered not far from one another. It's like something was burned before she and Yuri arrived.

"Yuri!" A female voice beamed followed by the rushing step on the stairs behind the counter dividing the kitchen and the eating space.

Not long after that, a couple in their 50s appeared as they climbed down the stairs towards Yuri. Upon a quick scanning, she didn't see any injury on them.

"You two are fine! I'm so glad!" Yuri tightly embraced her parents.

"We are also worried about you, sweetie. We're sorry we couldn't do anything." Yuri's mom rubbed her back as her dad patted her shoulder.

The worried oxygen inside their lungs could finally be released upon seeing their daughter safe and sound standing in front of them.

Yuri let go of the hug, smiling at her parents. "You two have done enough because if not for mom and dad, I wouldn't meet the person that helped me."

Noticing Yuri and her parents were looking at her, Eunbi smiled and bowed down as she approached them. Everything seemed to be fine now so she loosened up for a bit.

To her surprise, the older couple also bowed down. "Thank you very much, miss. We can't describe how grateful we are that you saved our daughter."

"No, no, no!" She stepped forward and pulled them straight.

"I did nothing. Yuri is fine because she's a strong girl." She gave them a reassuring smile.

"And please call me Eunbi." She told them her name and looked at Yuri.