Chapter 46

The human world, the battle around the Serenity household was still going on even though the morning sun already awaken. The area where the battle took place was hidden inside an invisible barrier so that normal people would not be able to see what was going on nor they were able to get inside. To their eyes, everything looked perfectly normal as any other day.

Twenty acres of the battlefield was not a pleasant sight to behold. The deceased from both sides were scattered here and there. To the ones who are never got used to that kind of sight could not do anything but endured them with all their might. The soulless body of their own brethren is far too different than seeing a dead body of a Stray Demon.

The clashing of daggers and other weapons echoed inside the back forest of Serenity which quarter of it was burned down by the attacks from the Primeval Angels. The forces were divided into two groups. Group one was fighting in the frontline and group two stayed back to defend the main buildings of Serenity.

The main buildings were crucial for them so if they got destroyed, they would have a hard time fighting back. Headmaster Kang and Bishop stayed behind as a defender while Hyewon, Yeoweon, and representatives from Umbra consisted of Seojeon and San were fighting in the frontline.

They were fighting side by side with other Demons Hunters from the various household who sent their members as backups since the dawn and it was going for hours now. While they lost a lot of members and stamina, the enemies kept sending in reinforcements from every side one batch after another. 

After a while, the enemies suddenly got thinner and their reinforcements stopped coming. Hyewon and the others were glad but it was also questionable because if something unexpected to happen, it would not be good for their side so feeling cautious is always a good thing.

"Watch out!!!"

Hyewon snapped out of her thought by the shout and blood splattered on her clothes on the shoulder. She quickly looked back and saw a blade from a Primeval Angel buried through Yeoweon's palm before he sliced the enemy's throat and kicked the dying angel away from them.

He pulled the blade out of his palm, cringing the hell out of Hyewon. "Did you get hurt, Lady Hyewon?"

She shook her head and quickly scolded him. "Yah! Don't ask me that! Your hand..." She held his wrist, inspecting the wound.

"It will heal, don't worry." He replied, smiling.

"I-I'm not worried. I just don't want you to blame me later on."

"I see. Do you take me as that kind of person? Or Demon?" He joked.

"What? I didn't mean it like that..." She sighed. "Forget it. But if it hurts you, say it hurts and don't keep it to yourself just because you heal faster than anyone else." She stated while wrapping his wound using a handkerchief and slowly putting his hand down.

"Yes, I will keep that in mind, Lady Hyewon. Thank you very much." He said, bowing his head.

"Yah, could you please stop with the formality now. We are the same age anyway...right?" She asked, silently hoping she did not get that wrong.

He saw one angel rushing toward an occupied demon hunter and swiftly threw the dagger in his hand at the angel's temple, killing the enemy on the spot. The targeted demon hunter finished his task and saw what happened and mouthed a thank you as he just nodded with a smile.

"Infernal World uses different numbers and letters for the date but translated to this world, I was born in 2000." He answered after doing some calculation inside his head while he pulled the stunt earlier.

Hyewon flashed a quick small smirk before it disappeared. "I'm older by a year so don't talk down to me or I'll kill you."

The back of his head got sweaty. "Umm, yeah... I will certainly not." He did not know why but her smirk earlier gave him a bad feeling so he obeyed.

Although they were having a conversation, their senses were wide awake covering all sides of the surroundings. Without the enemy reinforcement, they were winning but their hearts were still restless, trying to be cautious all the time.

Hyewon clicked her tongue and held Yeoweon's arm before he could go further into the forest. "I have a really bad feeling right now. Let's go back."

He nodded.

She then looked at the other side of the forest and yelled. "San! Can you manage here?"

The man he asked firmly nodded. "Me and instructor Seojoon will take charge. You two can go back. I also have a bad feeling from their sudden lack of reinforcement. Can we handle the enemies here, instructor?"

The one-armed man gave him an annoyed look. "Tch, piece of cake. Get going already!"

Yeoweon and Hyewon nodded at one another and jumped, using the trees as a foothold as they made their way outside the forest to the main compound of Serenity where Headmaster Kang was located. They could only hope what they felt was a false alarm all along.

|

For the groups defending the main structures, they all went speechless. The attacking Primeval Angels had retreated but the one who appeared from above was something they were afraid no match for them. It was Regal himself. What followed suit was his right-hand man and left-hand man.

Once Regal landed on the ground, everything nearby was blown away by a strong gust of wind as he retracted his wide greyish wings. His white hair softly fluttered as well as his white royal outfits. A smiled adorned his face but it sent chills down people's spines. 

Headmaster Kang ordered everyone to get inside the buildings except for those few who could stay strong facing the King of the Angel. Bishop stayed there and surprisingly,  a few youngsters which were Lucas, Yena, and Sakura also stayed, unwavering.

Bishop scoffed. "Look here. Young peeps these days are more strong-willed than those cowards old council bastards."

"This is nothing to me. Regal is small fry." Boasted Lucas while loosening up his muscles.

Bishop could joke more but the situation was quite dire so he stepped in front of Headmaster Kang. "Let me take him on for a bit." He lowly said and walked forward.

"Regal, what honour do we have for you to come here as a guest?" He casually asked.

"You dared talking to our King with that tone?" Regal's left hand-man, Cass forced onto him.

With one glance, Cass was pushed back and almost fell on his butts. "I may be weak, but I am not that weak."

In just a second, his spiritual energy clashed with Regal's spiritual energy, shaking the area around them. Everyone had to hold on to something or for those who did not have anything to grab, they just strengthened their muscle so they would not be blown away by the forces.

|
|
|

Cut! Gureon and Eunbi will come back next chapter. We almost reach the end now so hang in there. Thank you for reading. Dream out.