chapter twelve

time was ticking. surrounded by clocks. big ones, small ones. all of them moving so fast. time was slipping out of wooyoung's hands. he felt like he had to do something. the ticking noise was so loud, it made his head hurt. but he couldn't move an inch. like he was glued there. he felt so dizzy. then there was a thumping noise that just got louder....and louder...and louder....

then wooyoung woke up. he was sweating but still trembling like he was cold. he was confused. he still remembered the dream so vividly, it almost felt too real, but at the same time so unsettling. too unsettling to be real.

san was sleeping next to wooyoung but his trembling woke him up. he turned around to look at the boy. "what's wrong babe..?" he questioned with a raspy voice.

"i..i don't know really", the younger one answered with a confused face. he had his arms wrapped around himself because he felt cold. and unsafe for some reason.

"i saw a dream...a very weird dream."

"hey..it's okay. whatever it was, it's just a dream", san assured wooyoung and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's waist.

"i know...i know, but it felt so vivid. like it was actually happening, but it was too absurd to be real", he whispered as he stared at the ceiling with a blank expression.

"you're actually worrying me out...what was it about..?" san carefully asked with furrowed eyebrows. he gently stroked wooyoung's cheek to help him calm down.

"i...i was in a room, full of clocks. the ticking noise was so loud it made my head hurt. i had this weird feeling, like i had to do something. like there was something urgent. i couldn't move at all, and then i heard a loud thumping sound that got louder and louder, so loud, before i finally woke up..." wooyoung answered with an unsteady voice.

san let out a sigh and thought about what he heard for a moment. he then looked at wooyoung in the eyes. "i think you're really stressed out. you feel like you have to get everything done right at this moment. are you perhaps....stressed over telling about our relationship to our parents..?"

then wooyoung realized what san just said actually made a lot of sense. he was constantly overthinking stuff and it probably wasn't healthy.

he felt really overwhelmed at the moment and had to let the tears roll down his cheeks. he wasn't sure why he was feeling like this.

it surprised san a bit, but he just moved closer to his boyfriend, squeezing him tightly.

"it's okay...it's okay to feel like this sometimes. it's really no big deal, you'll be fine after a good cry, trust me. i'll be with you. and before you even realize it, you'll fall back asleep..."

and just like san had said, after bawling his eyes out, wooyoung was so exhausted that he thrifted back to sleep in san's arms. san closed his eyes as well but never let go of the boy.

wooyoung opened his eyes only to see a very bright sunlight barging in through the curtains. he rubbed his eyes and turned around to face his boyfriend who was already smiling at him.

"morning, sleepy head", san murmured and ruffled wooyoung's black hair.

"ugh, my eyes are so swollen i can barely open them..." wooyoung complained as he narrowed his eyes. they were all poofy and red from the crying he did hours ago.

"well no shit, you cried like it was your last time", san laughed lightly and sat up to give wooyoung a brief kiss on his lips. "now let's get ready, we have school."

"fuck, you gotta be joking. how am i supposed to go looking like this..." wooyoung groaned and buried his face in a pillow. "it's your fault! you let me cry."

"my fault? it's not my fault you wanted to cry!" san laughed and threw a shirt at wooyoung. "just put ice on them and if the swelling doesn't go down...well, i don't know, tell our teacher you have an eye infection."

"wow you're so smart..." wooyoung said sarcastically and put on the shirt san threw at him.

he took an ice pack from the fridge and placed it on his face. "ouch, damn this is freezing."

"beauty is pain", san said as he brushed his teeth at the same time as he poured cereal for both of them.

san had stayed the night at wooyoung's once again. they were seriously considering moving in together, since it was pretty pointless for san to have his own apartment anymore at this point.

after wooyoung had done everything else he usually did in the morning, he finally looked in the mirror to see if the swelling had gone down.

"well, it doesn't really look like you had ever even cried", san said and rested his chin on wooyoung's shoulder.

"ugh whatever, let's just go."

"well hello, how come are you two coming to school together again?" yunho questioned as he sat on the window sill next to jongho.

"is it really a surprise anymore though", wooyoung mumbled and sat down at his desk, right next to san. "anyways, where are the others?"

"seonghwa and hongjoong don't have math classes with us in case you forgot and mingi...well, he's sick. right, and yeosang's in the bathroom", yunho explained and hopped down to sit at his desk in front of wooyoung.

"sick? he never gets sick though", the shorter boy wondered.

yunho looked at him with a very yunho-like look on his face. then the realization hit wooyoung and he groaned.

"i didn't want to know that..." he mumbled as he buried his face in his arms.

"wait...so like, did you two go that way last night since mingi's the one being "sick"..?" san questioned with an amused look on his face.

"shut UP san! i don't need to know the details, okay???" wooyoung half-yelled as he looked at his boyfriend with an exhausted expression.

"okay okay, i'm sorry", san laughed and focused his attention on the teacher who just walked in to the classroom.

|| omg finally continued the actual story...i just got a random idea and decided to continue this lol

but why is it that always when i get a "brilliant" idea i should be sleeping already....

anyways despite feeling very insecure about my writing currently, i decided to write again hehe, i've actually been quite active recently

also not really relevant but i myself happen to have really weird dreams often and when i wake up from them i feel so anxious that i can't go back to sleep..