chapter ten

was this actually even a good idea... san thought while adjusting his chocolate brown hair. he was starting to get unconfident about the whole "date" with wooyoung.

wait what am i even gonna say to him??? i haven't gone through the things i should say.... he hit his head on the bathroom mirror and sighed.

it's gonna be fine, it's gonna be fine...

----------------------

wooyoung went through his closet for the hundredth time even though he should have left already. he couldn't make up his mind, but finally with some help from facetiming yeosang, he decided on a plain t-shirt on top of a button-up and ripped jeans.

he almost ran to the cafe he was supposed to meet san at. it was 15 minutes past the time they were supposed to meet.

finally, panting heavily, he arrived at the cafe and found san from the corner table beside the window.

"thought you'd never come", san said softly with a smile that made wooyoung feel like it was their first time meeting.

"yeah uh, got some problems on the way", the younger one said and placed himself opposite of the other boy.

"so, umm...where should i begin", san mumbled and swirled around the straw of his iced latte. the atmosphere was a little awkward.

"it's been a few days since we've even talked to each other", he chuckled slightly. "i missed this. you."

wooyoung felt a heat go through his chest. "...i missed you too", he said, barely audible.

"i really thought you were just, i don't know, ignoring me because you hated the kiss", san said with a faint smile.

"no..! that's really not the case, i swear", wooyoung said and finally looked into the brown eyes of the boy in front of him.

"well, um, if that's really the case then...i think i should tell you something...i-" san was once again interrupted by wooyoung's phone ringing.

"im really sorry, but it's my little brother, i have to answer", wooyoung said with a frown and walked away to answer the call.

after 10 minutes of san playing with the straw, wooyoung came back with a devastated look.

"what's wrong??" san said with a worried look and grabbed wooyoung's shoulders.

he was quiet for a brief moment, staring somewhere far away before finally saying something. "....it's dad. i think...he left." the last word came out shaky and wooyoung lowered his head.

"what? he left? just like that?" san said, raising his voice a little.

"...mm. he and mom have been arguing for quite a long time now. i knew it'd come to this at some point but...i still didn't expect it to happen so soon", wooyoung mumbled with his eyes watering.

san pulled him in for a tight hug and they stayed like that for what felt like an eternity, in a good way.

"right, you had something to say before i left, didn't you", wooyoung sniffled and rubbed his eyes dry.

"yeah, uh, it was nothing important anyways", san said hesitantly. he knew now was not the right time to confess.

"anyways, let's get out of here", he continued after realizing many eyes were on them. he pulled the other boy with him out of the cafe.

"san." wooyoung stopped in front of the cafe and stared into san's eyes. "i know what you were about to say. i know you thought you shouldn't say it, because you think now's not the right time, but....i think that's exactly what i need right now. for you to tell me."

san's eyes wandered around wooyoung's face for a moment before he stepped closer. "are you sure about that...? you know it can wait until you sort things out with your family-"

"no", he said, not hesitating for even a moment. "i have nothing to sort out with them anymore. dad already left and that's that. i need you to say it, now."

the older one was taken aback by wooyoung's sudden confidence. "wooyoung, i still think you should think thro-"

san couldn't finish his sentence before wooyoung's lips were on his. it felt more emotional than last time. it's like all of wooyoung's thoughts and emotions were poured into that one kiss.

"i like you, san. i fucking like you", he whispered after they broke the kiss.

the sudden curse word made san laugh softly. he rested his forehead against wooyoung's and smiled. "yeah, i like you too, wooyoung."

they held each other for a great amount of time before san backed away. "wooyoung, are you really sure about this? you know...after the news of your dad."

"you lose something, you get something. isn't that what they say", he said softly and smiled.

"so...what are we now..?" wooyoung suddenly broke the silence when they were walking home.

"whatever you want us to be."

it was 7:48pm and the sun was setting, painting the sky a pretty pink color. no cars were in sight, only birds chirping. the whole scenario was so calming, wooyoung felt like he could fall asleep right there right then.

"wanna come to mine...?" he asked hesitantly, running his fingers through his thick black hair.

"i'd be more than glad to come", san answered with that annoying smirk of his, which wooyoung realised he had missed so much.

he followed after the younger one, who unlocked the door to his apartment and invited san in.

after wooyoung had closed the door behind them, san pushed him against the wall and smashed their lips together. it was so sudden that a whimper escaped the younger one's lips.

"i really like you, jung wooyoung", san whispered against the other one's ear with a husky voice. it made him jump slightly.

"it's kinda hot when you call me by my full name though..." wooyoung mumbled, a red appearing on his cheeks.

"oh really?" san said with a mischievous tone. "then i'll make sure to call you that every day."

"hey hey hey now, things are getting a little too heated for me to watch", someone suddenly said from the kitchen, making both boys jump.

"yunho!? what the hell are you doing here!" wooyoung shouted embarrassed and pushed san away quickly.

"i didn't have any milk so i came to eat my cereal here, okay?" he said, placing a big spoonful of cereal in his mouth.

"oh my godd, i'm so done with you..!" wooyoung said with a frustrated voice and dragged san with him to his room.

"make sure to be quiet!" yunho shouted after them, only receiving a loud door bang as a response.

°
°
°
|| wow is it normal to make yourself cry or get butterflies from your own writing...? yeah, thought so.

i don't know if i will continue this anymore :( like i don't wanna end this yet, but i also don't really know how to continue this....maybe i will? a chapter or two?

edit: LMAO i went to sleep already but in my head i was goinf through this and suddenly i was like fUck i wrote choi wooyoung instead of jung wooyoung so i haD to come correct