chapter three

wooyoung was dead tired and kind of mad he missed his chance to finally take a three hour nap. he didn't regret going out with the boys though, he had fun.

speaking of which, wooyoung heard his phone buzz. he was almost too tired to lift a finger, but eventually got there.

unknown number
wooyoung right?

wooyoung
..yes? who is this

unknown number
haha don't worry, it's me san

wooyoung didn't expect san to actually text him already, but a part of him felt happy.

wooyoung changed 'unknown number' to 'san'

wooyoung
man i thought someone
was going to say they're
behind my window or
some shit

san
relieved to hear it was
me?

wooyoung could almost hear the tone of his voice through that text.

wooyoung
actually
i'd rather have someone
tell me they're behind
my window

san
wow that hurt

wooyoung
glad to hear baby.

san
what

wooyoung
what
anyways i'm on the verge
of death so excuse me
i need my beauty sleep

san
haha, sleep tight then
don't get too scared of
the monsters under your
bed

wooyoung just rolled his eyes at san, leaving him on read.

later that night, the loud sound of his phone ringing woke up the black haired boy. who the fuck is calling me at 1am??

"the fuck is it", wooyoung answered with a croaky voice. his eyes were still half shut as he had just woken up.

"did i wake you up?" yunho said from the other side. "are you aware of what time it is??"

"that's exactly why we called you!" wooyoung heard mingi's voice from besides yunho. "just tell me what the hell do you want", he said all cranky from getting woken up.

"wanna come outside with us? we don't have school tomorrow so you don't have to worry about that!" yunho exclaimed. "like hell i'm going to! why do you want to hang out at night?"

"look, i know you're tired, but you probably napped for like 6 hours already, so why not come with us? we're gonna go check out the abandoned house nearby." "you know i'm not good with scary stuff", wooyoung answered, close to giving up to yunho.

"and that is why we brought san with us", yunho said with that mischievous tone of his. "you what now?" the shorter boy said, now fully awake. "you don't want him to be left alone, do you? exactly so hurry the fuck up and come, we're waiting outside."

yunho hung up on wooyoung and left him sitting on his bed confused. his brain still wasn't functioning properly after waking up, but he sure was annoyed of how yunho always managed to win over him.

wooyoung lived alone on the 4th floor of the building. he had moved out last year, after hours of trying to win his parents' trust. yunho, mingi and yeosang didn't live far away, probably 2 minutes away from him. all three of them lived together in a block of flats, and oh how bad wooyoung sometimes felt for yeosang for having to live together with the couple.

after trying to fix his bed hair in front of the mirror for what felt like an eternity, wooyoung finally locked the door and left. he immediately spotted yunho's bright blue hair even from the darkness.

"of course, i so knew you'd come!" he happily said and wrapped his arm around wooyoung. "right, i won't get mad at you just this once, okay?" "point taken!"

"still mad they woke you up?" san asked when the four of them started walking towards...well, wherever yunho was taking them.

"mm, not really, i already slept enough", wooyoung answered with a much calmer tone now.

summer was indeed coming. the nights were much less darker now and the slight breeze outside was warm. none of them bothered to even wear jackets.

"you sure you're not cold?" san asked the other boy, eyeing his clothes. wooyoung was wearing the same black jeans from earlier that day and a black t-shirt.

"yes, i'm sure", he answered, trying to sound confident, but he couldn't help but feel his cheeks heat up as he felt san's eyes on him.

"ladies and gentlemen, we've arrived!" yunho shouted and managed to startle san and wooyoung.

"must we really now...?" wooyoung said nervously. he had never really liked scary movies, nor anything scary in general. especially places, man did he hate those. 

"being a pussy now are you?" mingi said before all of them started laughing, except for wooyoung. "now now, you can hold my hand if you get scared", san said with a stupid smirk on his face.

"..i..won't get scared!" wooyoung said, immediately regretting it. he normally wouldn't even have the guts to stand in front of the house, let alone step in!

°
°
°

|| wow i feel like whenever i start writing i just can't stop it haha

i really want to start writing either minsung or changlix (or stray kids in general) but i have like. zero plots in mind.

right i also changed the cover picture! istg it's always blurry? for some reason? so sorry for that lmao

now playing:
Yubin
-  숙녀 (淑女) Lady