chapter eight

the classroom was being a lot noisier than usually and that certainly wasn't what wooyoung wanted right now. their teacher was sick so they had a substitute who never really said anything. obviously everyone saw this as a chance to not do their school work.

wooyoung too, was too busy with his circling thoughts to do the work. adding some more agony to it, he remembered he had to go to his part-time job after school. great, absolutely fantastic.

eventually the clock hit 3pm and the bells rang. packing up his stuff, wooyoung got ready to leave, though he didn't really want to.

he walked to the restaurant alone since yunho didn't have his shift that day. they only had mondays and tuesdays together, making it fridays that wooyoung had to work alone.

the black haired boy did his work pretty lazily that evening. he didn't really have the energy since his thinking had drained it all from him.

"hey ass, you okay?" wooyoung heard a familiar voice behind the counter ask. he looked up to see yunho standing there, leaning on the counter and giving him a weird look.

"yeah, feeling fantastic, better than ever, amazing", he said with a sarcastic smile on his face. "anything for you dear customer?"

"yeah, i'd like to have some answers", the blue haired boy said, tapping his fingers on the cold, hard material of the counter table.

with a deep sigh, wooyoung took his apron off. "if you insist. my shift's ending now, i'll get changed so we can grab something to eat after it."

after a few minutes of yunho waiting, the shorter boy came out from the backroom. "order whatever you want, it's on me today", he said and took his card from his wallet.

after placing their orders and getting their food, they went to the very back of the reastaurant to sit at.

"so, spill the tea. what's bothering you this time?" yunho said, placing some fries in his mouth. even though i probably know what it is already.. he added under his breath, not really for anyone to hear.

"i honestly don't really even know. perhaps how big of a coward i am? i don't know, i just keep running away from everything, not really wanting to though", wooyoung said, seemingly less cheerful than usually.

"it's about san and the kiss, right?" yunho asked, trying to sound as soft and reassuring as possible.

yunho's question made the black haired one remember the whole scene of him and san kissing again. he buried his flushed face in his hands and mumbled something inaudible.

"bull's eye", the taller one said and leaned back on his chair. "now be honest woo, does the kiss make you feel uncomfortable? do you not actually like san?"

wooyoung let out a long sigh and raised his head just enough to look at yunho. "no, that's not it, it's just....i really don't even know actually? i know that it never made me feel uncomfortable and that i do like san, a lot to be honest but..."

"but you're afraid aren't you. afraid that he's not serious about you and that he's just playing with you, even though you know san wouldn't do such a thing."

"you know me too well..." wooyoung mumbled while playing with his fingers.

"be honest with yourself and with san. i bet 10 dollars he likes you more than you like him", the blue haired boy said while they were leaving the restaurant.

it had started raining a few minutes ago and they could barely see anything because it was raining so hard. it was already 9pm and the streets were pretty quiet. the rain on the other hand wasn't very quiet.

"fuck, how am i supposed to get home now", wooyoung cursed and went through his bag for an umbrella, but didn't succeed in finding one.

"come to mine? it takes less time there. u can sleep over, it's friday", yunho suggested and opened an umbrella big enough for both of them to walk under.

"got you", wooyoung said with a wide grin on his face. "you better have snacks because i am going to devour them all under your blankets."

finally at yunho's place, both boys half soaked from the rain. they had to walk (run, actually) half of the way there without an umbrella because it was so windy that yunho's umbrella broke and he had to throw it away somewhere.

"have these", the taller one said and threw clean clothes for wooyoung to change into.

the night went by pretty smoothly. they ate some cup noodles, watched a boring movie and well, maybe wooyoung talked about san a little too much for the rest of the night while yunho was actually texting mingi who was going feral because they didn't invite him.

°
°
°
|| wow i updated can yall believe it

lmao sorry for another update with literally no progress just yunho and wooyoung being best bros

also!! not important but it's my birthday :(