NB Gee

idk what to call this man

Gerard was generally well liked at school, but there were some people who just couldn't accept that they were who they were.

They were cornered outside the bathroom and dragged to an empty classroom, whimpering. Once the small group was there, they were thrown onto the floor.

"Look at this bitch. Thinks he's so special for pretending not to have a gender. Newsflash, freak, there's only two fucking genders."

Gerard wiped the tears off their cheeks. "No there isn't."

One of them–now that they looked, they could see that there was three of them–kicked them in the face. There was a sickening cracking noise, and they cried out in pain, cupping their nose. Tears stung the corners of their eyes.

"Aw, is he gonna cry? What a pathetic bitch." The ringleader laughed. "Think we should pull up that skirt and show everyone that he's really a boy, since no one in this school has any common fucking sense?"

Gerard held their skirt down tightly against their legs.

"Nah, we might get suspended for that," the one to the leader's left said. "We'll just rough him up."

"Good idea."

Gerard scrambled back against a desk, but they couldn't stop the fist flying right into their face.

xXx

They woke up in the hall, sore and parched. Everything hurt. The hall was empty, so they tried to stand up, but couldn't. Their arms were shaky, and tears were streaming down their face.

A door opened down the hall, and some punk kid walked out. Gerard couldn't tell who it was from here, but he turned around and gasped, then ran over quickly. "Are you okay?"

They shook their head.

"Shit- let me get you home, can you walk?"

They shook their head again.

"Alright, just..." He bit his lip. "I'm gonna carry you to my car, okay? And then I'll drive you home. Or do you need a hospital?"

"I-I don't know," they croaked.

"Your nose looks really swollen...can I touch it? Just tell me if it hurts."

Gerard looked up at him as he examined their nose and face. "Everything looks okay, but I still wanna get you cleaned up. I'm gonna pick you up, okay? This is probably going to be excruciating, but everyone already left."

"What were you doing here?" they asked.

"Uh...oh! I was in detention! Hold on one second, I'm just..." He took his backpack off. "I know it's not the most soft, but lay your head on this, and I'll be right back with a teacher to help get you to my car."

Gerard gratefully accepted it. They laid their head on the bag, trying to ignore the throbbing pain in their nose.

The punk kid returned with a teacher, who looked skeptical, but gasped when she saw Gerard. "Are you okay? Do you need a hospital?"

"I don't know," they whimpered. "Can I just go home, please?"

"Yes, um...Frank, you're gonna drive him home?"

Gerard felt their heart flutter a little bit when Frank corrected the teacher. "Them."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Do you think you can walk?" the teacher asked.

"Maybe...if I can stand up." Gerard took a deep breath and tried to push themself up. Their arms shook and they collapsed, yelping as their body hit the hard floor.