Part 49

~Samanthas POV~

It took me 5 minutes to find Payton's room but I finally got it. When I walked in I made sure to close the door behind me before moving any closer.

And there he was. He was just laying in the hospital bed, unconscious. I sat down on the sofa next to the bed and looked down.

This is all my fault. He did this because of me. I made him made. Ugh what the fuck is wrong with me.

Payton has been making me feel better about myself for months now and I had no idea. He did so much for me and this is how a repay him.

I took a deep breath before I grabbed his handed and started to hold it.

S: please wake up. I need you to wake up

P: ...

I sighed as I continued to talk. I was mainly talking to Payton but since he can't hear me, it looks like I'm talking to myself. It's been a few hours.

S: ew I'm still in a hospital gown. Well at least you are two. We're matching I guess

P: ...

I laughed at myself on how stupid I sound.

All of a sudden the nurse from before, barged into the room.

?: THERE YOU ARE! I TOLD YOU NOT TO MOVE

S: yeah I know

?: what are you doing in here?

I just shrugged

?: come on. Let's go back to your room

S: no

?: no?

S: I'm not leaving

?: you can't stay here though

S: well that's too bad because I am.

?: please don't make this harder than it needs to be.

S: I'm. Not. Leaving.

?: but-

S: if you touch me, I won't hesitate to swing, so I think it is best if I stay.

?: ...you know what? Whatever. I'll be checking on the both of you every hour.

S: ok

With that being said, the nurse walked out. Wow that was easy.

Anyways, it's getting pretty late so I should probably go to bed. I let go of Payton's hand and kissed his cheek before laying down on the couch and falling asleep.

~Next morning~

I actually slept kind of good last night but it quickly ended when I felt someone shaking me. I slowly opened my eyes and saw.... Hailey?

H: hi

S: hey?

I rubbed my eyes as I sat up. I looked around the room and everyone was here. My mom, my Dad, Faith, Hailey, and Joanne.

Mom: oh my god! Are you ok?

Dad: how are you feeling?

S: I'm fine.

J: are you sure?

S: yeah

J: have there been any updates on Payton?

S: n-no I'm sorry

J: it's ok. Things are going to work out soon.

F: didn't you have your own room yesterday. Why are you in here?