Part 11

~Samanthas POV~

Me and Payton were waiting for ten minutes until Hailey finally got into the car. The both of us looked at the back seat because something seemed a little off.

P: hey how was school

H: meh

P: what's wrong?

H: you know what? I'm just going going to say it. Men are poop heads

What the-

S: RIGHT!

P: what are you talking about. What happened

H: MALCOLM HAPPENED! HE IGNORED ME ALL DAY BECAUSE OF A NEW GIRL AND HE DECIDED TO SIT WITH HER AT LUNCH! HE WAS SUPPOSE TO SIT WITH ME!

Payton and I both looked at each other with our eyes slightly wide before we looked back at Hailey. Payton was completely right!

H: OH AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON RECESS! HE WAS PUSHING HER ON THE SWINGS!

Romantic, isn't it.

H: TODAY WAS A BAD DAY, but you know what? I don't care.

P+S: you don't?

H: nope! You know why? It's because I can't even think on one reason why I should even waist my time on him. NOT ONE! So why should I?

S: you see I like you. You think like me

H: does that make me smart? Or does that make me you dumb

THE FUCK!

My mouth dropped as Payton covered his so he could stop himself from laughing.

S: I don't like you as much anymore. You had a chance but you ruined it

She laughed and so did Payton

P: ok ok, was anything good about today?

H: yeah, you guys actually showed up. I didn't think you guys could actually make it through a car ride alone together. That's good.

P+S: whatever

The both of us turned around as Payton started to drive off.

H: you know I'm right

We all continued to talk for the rest of the ride. When we got home we immediately went inside. No one was home still.

As soon as Hailey walked in, she dropped her bag and started to walk off

H: I'm going to go play

P: nope get back here

H: huh?

She turned around and looked at Payton confused.

P: homework first

H: uhhh I don't have any homework?

Payton picked her bag off of the ground and handed it to her.

P: go do it in the kitchen

H: ughhhhhh

Hailey took the bag and dragged it all the way to the kitchen.

S: you're a literal dad when it comes to Hailey.

P: I'm not ashamed.

Payton randomly started to stare at me. It was weird because he was looking at me but not really looking at me. He was looking everywhere else besides my eyes if that makes more sense. I waved my hands in front of his face but he didn't seem to notice. What is he looking at?