Part 20

~Payton's POV~

God damn there's a lot of pictures in here. I'm just going to skip through a few.

After looking at about twenty pictures, one made me stop. It was a picture of me and Samantha cuddling. Faith took this one when the both of us were asleep. This day was a very big day for me. Again it was on our birthday but this time we just turned 5.

~Flashback~

I just woke up to a loud banging. I quickly shot up and looked around. There's nothing here.

The loud banging started again and now I realized it was coming from my window. I quickly looked over and saw Samantha outside on the tree crying.

I quickly went to the window and let her in before giving her a hug.

P: what's wrong?

~Samanthas POV~

I woke up this morning with a nightmare but also a random memory... I'm not human. Well I am but I'm not. God is my real dad and I'm here for one thing and one thing only.

I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS THOUGH!

Oh and I can't forget about the devils son. Who is he anyways? Whatever

All of this scared me so I just broke down crying. I didn't know what to do so I sneaked out of my house and started to head to Payton's. Even though I can't tell him about this, he's the only one that can make me feel better.

~Payton's POV~

P: Samantha what happened? Please talk to me. You know I hate it when you cry.

She's been crying in my shoulder for 5 minutes now and she hasn't said anything yet.

S: I-I um... I had a nightmare

P: what was it about?

S: you hated me

P: what? I could never hate you. We'll always be best friends.

Samanthas grip around me got a little tighter. Ugh why is she so cute when she's clingy!

S: happy birthday

P: happy birthday. You wanna watch a movie with me? Maybe that will make you feel better.

She nodded her head right before I picked her up. Samantha giggled as I tossed her on the bed. I crawled in next to her and she immediately put her head on my chest. My arm wrapped around her as an instinct.

Right when I was about to pick a movie for us to watch, I looked down and saw Samantha fell asleep. I don't know how though because we just laid down but it's ok, it's cute anyways.

All of a sudden... a random memory came to me... oh no

~Samanthas POV~

I suddenly woke up with something moving under me. I looked up and noticed it was Payton. He looked really stressed.

S: hey are you ok?

P: y-yeah I'm fine

S: you sure?

P: mhm

I sat up and so did Payton. I kissed him on the cheek before smiling.

S: you're lying to me but it's fine. Come on it's our birthday, let's forget about everything that's happening and have some fun!

P: ...like what?

S: hmm I never thought about that part

My hand landed on my chin as I started thinking. Payton laughed at my confusion.