22

it has been three weeks since mattia's birthday, three weeks of elle's father getting to know mattia to see if he will allow the trip to go ahead. during this period of time elle and mattia have been getting along without any big fights so her dad allows it, seeing how happy she is when with mattia.

elle's pov・゚: *・゚:*   
*:・゚*:・゚june 12th

"yes mum, i slept for most of the flight, so did mattia." i hold my phone upto my ear, wheeling my suitcase along the airport floor. "we're literally about to walk out of the airport."

"okay, jane texted me that she got there at twelve so she's waiting for you right outside." my mum explains.

"isn't that her?" mattia asks, pointing to a lady who he could recognise from the photos.

"auntie jane?" i shout and she looks up at us with a big smile on her face. "found her, love you, bye." i end the phone as she puts out her cigarette and runs to us.

"elle!" she hugs me and pulls away, examining me. "first time you've seen me in sixteen years and i've got a bloody fag in my hand. facetime never did you justice, you're beautiful love." she hugs me again and i laugh.

"thankyou auntie, this is my boyfriend, mattia." i introduce them and she grabs him and hugs him too.

"what a handsome lad you've managed to pull, you'll have to teach me your ways whilst you're down here." she nudges me and we start walking. "chelsea is waiting in the car, she can't wait to see you. you two lovebirds will be staying in james' room for the week cause he's got his own flat now."

chelsea is jane's daughter, my cousin. i've not seen her since i was two years old when we flew down here to meet her as a new born baby. james is jane's son, my cousin. he was four when we had flew down here to meet chelsea.

we approach the small blue car and stuff our suitcases in the boot before climbing into the back seats.

"oh my god, hi!" the sixteen year old girl turns around in the front seat to look at me.

"hi, chelsea." i smile as jane gets in the drivers seat and sets off.

"is that your boyfriend? he's well peng." she looks at him and i laugh because mattia is clearly uncomfortable.

"stop being a slag chels, that's mattia." jane says.

"what sort of name is that?"

"italian." mattia smiles proudly and chelsea nods turning up the radio.

"can we get maccies?" she asks her mum.

"no, we've got food at home. did a big shop at morrisons for our special guests." jane winks at me in the rear view mirror and i chuckle.

"hardly special." i reply.

"init, they're americans they're gonna get terrorised." chelsea says. "only joking."

"ignore her, it's your birthday week elle. the big 18!" jane says enthusiastically.

"i cannot wait for it, it's gonna be such a good night out i promise." chelsea ushers. "mia best let me use her ID."

"who's mia?" mattia asks.

"james's girlfriend." chelsea replies.

"they're going to trafford on friday so you two can get a lift with them, spend the day out then get ready and have a night out." jane says.

"i want to go shopping too." chelsea whines.

"you're not skiving off school again chels it's your gcse's and you've had today off." jane shakes her head. "how have you two got the week off of school?"

"we graduated at the start of this month." i chuckle.

"yous only just left high school? are you mad, i finish highschool in a couple of months."

"what are your plans now that it's over?" jane asks.

"i want to carry on with soccer at college." mattia says.

"ooo soccer." my younger cousin makes fun of his accent.

"i'm thinking of studying to become a physiotherapist for sports players." i say.

the conversation continues and we all get along great, i'm so relieved that it hasn't been awkward or difficult. i love looking at the busy streets as we drive by.

"cleaned the whole gaff for you." jane parks the car up on a curb and we all get out.

i grab my suitcase and carry it in the house. it's small but cozy and there's family pictures all around on the walls.

"look there's us." chelsea points at a photograph and i smile. an energetic dog comes and jumps up at me, it's a staffordshire bull terrier. "chanel, get down." chelsea demands as mattia plays with her.

we take our things upstairs into the room that we'll be staying in.

"here, bacon buttys." jane comes in and hands us two plates with sandwiches on, chanel runs into the room and jumps up onto the bed. "you want her in or out?" my auntie asks, referring to the dog.

"in." mattia answers and we both thank her as i log into my netflix on the tv and mattia begins eating laid next to me.

"i fucking love it already." he grins at me.

"same." i lean down and peck his lips before picking something to watch.

"mattia." chelsea opens the door without knocking. "how the fuck have you got a delivery here?" she chucks two bags at him and he winks. "weird." she closes the door again as she leaves and the dog follows her out.

"okay but seriously how?" i look at him in confusion.

"asked your mom for the address when i ordered them last week." he shrugs as he sits up. "it's your early birthday present so we can fulfill our roadman dreams whilst we're here." he explains and i sit up as he rips the bags open.

"north face jackets." he holds them up in the packaging.

"oh my good you're such a nerd." i push him and grab one of the bags. "but i love it." i hadn't packed my own northface puffer cause it's so big and it's summertime here, the ones that mattia has bought are thinner jackets. "thankyou." i grab him hug him tightly, pulling him down as i lay down. he pulls away, hovering over me and i play with his dangling gold chain.

"no worries, shawty." he leans down and kisses my neck.

"come on, we're going to nannas!" chelsea shouts through the bedroom door.