11

elle's pov ・゚: *・゚:*
*:・゚*:・゚monday

my phone begins to ring and it practically makes my ears bleed until i scramble to get it.

i unplug it from my charger and answer the call.

"hi!"

"vic? it's like eight am." i whisper in frustration, trying to not wake mattia up.

"i know, i forgot to turn off my alarm for week days so it woke me up at seven. anyways, mattia isn't answering me." she says.

"he's asleep and his phones most likely dead cause i didn't have a spare charger." i explain and lie back down on my carpet.

"could you wake him up for a minute please?" she asks.

"no." i reply.

"oh, can i come over to see him?" she asks.

"no. call you later, bye." i end the call and turn on do not disturb for my phone, i grab mattia's and put it on charge before getting up to go into my brothers room.

ethan has left for school so his beds empty, a spot that i gladly accept before falling back asleep.

-

"elle, wake up." my mum shakes me as i open my eyes. "it's just turned to the afternoon, i don't want you messing up your sleep schedule." she strokes my hair.

"thanks." i say as i yawn and stretch.

"how do you feel?" she asks.

"not good." i admit, holding my head.

"thought so, i made a nice breakfast downstairs but mattia's already tucked into it, not sure how much is left." she chuckles and i nod.

"is he still here?" i ask, sitting up.

"yeah he woke up like an hour ago. i didn't tell him everything he said on the ride here but i gave him a big lecture, he should know how he behaved and the effects the alcohol had on him. i admitted that i'm an alcoholic to him." she looks down into her hands.

"you did what? you've never done that before." i stare at her. "i'm really proud mum." i hug her and she hugs me tighter.

"go talk to him, he's really confused right now." she pulls away from the hug.

"about which part?" i ask as we leave ethans room.

"i said that you had already been crying before i picked you guys up but we can't figure out why." my mum says and goes into her own room.

i recall the horrendous memory of the argument as i slowly walk down the stairs, afraid to face him. i find him quite intimidating since the screaming match last night and i'm currently in my disney pyjamas- not very good armour to enter this battle in.

"good morning." mattia says as he sees me enter the kitchen- his voice deep and raspy.

"good afternoon." i reply and he chuckles.

"who upset you at the party?" he asks, searching my eyes for answers.

i break the eye contact by turning around to plate some food. i could tell him the truth or i could lie.

"i was crying cause i couldn't find the girls, turns out they had already left." i choose to lie.

"don't lie to me elle." even though my back is to him i can still imagine his face right now.

"i wouldn't."

"ah." he says as i turn around to see him. "vic is on her way to pick me up anyway so you can talk to her then." he smiles at me as i take a seat.

"no, i don't want to. i don't want to talk to any of you anymore." i state as i start to eat.

"what? why?" he asks.

"mattia. i know my mum told you about her own issues, for the first time in forever she's ready to work on that. i need to focus on one toxic relationship at a time." i explain.

"no. elle, don't shut us out again. don't shut me out again." mattia says sternly.

"it's for the best." i smile at him, i deserve better. i spent the whole time at my last school feeling like shit and i won't allow it again.

"i'm not even fucking toxic, i've only ever been nice to you but you continue to cut me off- you're the toxic one." he rants, confidently.

"okay." i reply, calmly. i know it's best not to react back.

"okay? what the fuck do you mean okay? this is not ok-" his sentence is interrupted by the sound of vic's car horn and he stands up, clearly pissed off.

he walks towards the door but stops before leaving and turns to face me.

"tell your mom thankyou, again. i won't tell a soul about her drinking problems- i promise, elle." he tells me and i nod as he leaves my house.

he was just swearing at me in anger and now all of a sudden he wants to be sweet and make promises? but he's 'not the toxic one'?

"guess who just signed up for counselling!" my mum shouts from the top of the stairs and i smile.

this is more important right now.

vote <3