o6

"mattia polibio, on the bench. that was ridiculous." the coach shouts and i do as told. "perez, take his position."

"good shot, buddy." elle says as she stands up from the bench.

"i'm not your buddy, marie. break a leg." i sarcastically smile.

she flips me off and ties up her hair effortlessly, running to take my spot.

alejandro comes off the pitch to get a drink and sits beside me, sweaty.

"mattia what's wrong with you lately?" he asks before chugging his water.

"nothing." i spit as i watch elle successfully tackle daniel.

"oh my god. is this all about elle?" his face lights up in shock, noticing my eyes follow her.

"fuck no." i grab his water bottle and pour the small amount remaining over his head before walking off the field.

-

elle's pov・゚: *・゚:*   
*:・゚*:・゚thursday

"dad i'm scared." i say looking out from the car window.

"don't be, it's a really nice family. they own that italian restaurant we go to." my dad explains, checking the house out. "it's only for two hours anyway, call if you need me mija."

"it's a thursday afternoon i've been at school all day now i have to teach some kid spanish for two hours." i groan.

"you have to earn money. get out of the car elle i have to go pick up ethan." he says and i hop out of the car, knocking on the front door.

a small boy answers the door and i smile.

"hi i'm elle, i'm your tutor for spanish." i wave.

"no you're not. mom!" he shouts and walks away from the door as a woman scurries towards me.

"elle-marie! come in, sorry about him, it's my other son you'll be tutoring. would you like to do it in the dining room or his room?" she asks, hugging me and pulling away.

"oh, um. wherever he's most comfortable really. and you can just call me elle." i smile.

"ah right, noted. and he'll definitely be most comfortable in his room, he never leaves!" she laughs and i follow her down some stairs. "you know i'm mexican, he just never managed to pick up the language."

the kid stays in the basement?

she opens the door and i look around the large room.

"mattia." she says and i snap my head around to see him facing his computer screen. "this is your new spanish tutor elle-"

"-marie." he finishes her sentence after turning around to face us. "mom i told you i don't need a tutor, trust me."

"i got a call from your coach saying you're falling behind at soccer too! i'm not mad, i'm worried mattia, this is not a punishment." she kisses his cheek and leaves the room. a pang of jealousy hits my chest, i imagine having a mother who cared like this.

"hi." i practically squeak, i think i may be shaking. mattia is already an intimidating guy and we're now on his home turf.

i feel like we're enemies.

"don't try to be nice now, you've been a bitch to me and to my friends." he sits back down and continues on his game.

"it's not like that, i'm not a bitch." i argue, frustrated that i can't give him a true explanation to my behaviour.

"yes you are." he replies, not looking at me.

"well you're a dick." i cross my arms. he could be mature and we could just be civil for the time that i'm here to tutor him.

"then leave." he shrugs, focusing on his game rather than our conversation.

"i'm being paid to be here, for two hours." i turn the pc off and he shoots up from his seat, getting into my face.

"you get on my nerves, so bad." he mutters, staring into my eyes.

i notice that he has pretty eyes and prominent lashes, light bags lay underneath them. maybe the stress of underperforming is getting to him.

"and you don't know spanish. as soon as i teach it to you, i can go." i maintain the eye-contact and he shakes his head, going to get the work we had been set in class.

-

"finally!" i cheer as he fills the last box.

"shutup." mattia ruffles my hair. "but thanks marie." he drags out my name and puts the paper back into his bag.

"it's fine, i'm here for the money, not for you." i say and stand up from the desk chair.

before i know it i'm being tackled and i land on his bed, it's much softer than the body pinning me to it.

"always rude as hell." he laughs, i practically feel the joy ripple through his body as his arms are wrapped around me.

"talk about rude, i'm a guest and you just attacked me." i use all of my strength to push him off from me and chuckle. "my dad is coming in half an hour, we finished early." i pull my hair away from my face.

"see- i'm a quick learner when i have a good teacher, i'll invite the guys over." mattia pulls out his phone, his background is a picture of him and alejandro in their soccer kits.

it's a really cool photo, i wish i got to have a kit, but i expected it to be a picture of him and victoria.

"and the girls?" i ask, he sees me looking at his phone and turns it away.

"yes duh." he stands up and throws a pillow at me.

"does everyone hate me?" i say, fiddling with my fingers as i stand up on his bed, the top of my head almost reaches the ceiling since it's quite low.

i'm definitely over-analysing his bedroom but it's probably because his place is so much nicer than mine.

"no, just me." he replies and i throw the pillow back at him. "kidding, we all knew something personal must have been going on but we don't know you well enough to ask about private shit. we wanted to give you space." he admits and my heart warms.

"i love having friends!" i shout in excitement jumping on his back and his arms wrap around my legs to support me.

"why were you late to soccer training? coach said you were in a meeting with the principal." he asks, looking up at me as my head rests on his shoulder. i can basically taste the spearmint gum in his mouth.

"yeah, i was trying to convince him that we need a girls soccer team but he did not give a single fuck." i sigh as my arms droop around his neck.

"are you okay elle? you can talk to me about stuff-"

"mattia, i need fortnite points." the smaller boy, from earlier, appears at the door.

"gianluca, fuck off." mattia says and i hit him on the head before jumping off his back.

"don't be mean. my little brother knows hacks to get those, he does it all the time, you should snapchat him name is ethan-" i start before gianluca shoves his phone into my hand.

"i have a bad memory." he admits and i laugh, entering the username.

"just say that you're elle's friend and he'll help you out." i smile and hand the phone back.

"thanks so much." he hugs me and i laugh as he sprints back upstairs.

"were you two hanging out alone down here?" vic asks as she comes down the stairs and i sit on mattia's bed. she's literally the one who suggested i tutor him, i hope she doesn't have a problem with it.

"we've missed you!" kairi shouts before i can reply to victoria and the group pile on top of me in excitement.