15

i read the comment as i start getting changed out of my clothes. i throw on a big t-shirt and head to the bathroom to wash my face.

i prop the phone up on the counter before opening up face time and calling him.

"hi." he smiles.

"hey mattia. whatcha doin?" i ask as i start removing my makeup.

"i was playing among us." he replies. "did you have a good time?"

"yeah, i actually did." i answer.

"good. sorry if i was being annoying before, i was just playing around. daniel is known for just wanting to get into girls pants." mattia apologises.

"don't worry about it. he tried to kiss me but was cool about it when i swerved him." i explain and wash my face.

"he did what?" mattia sits up in his bed.

"chill out. i told him i wasn't ready for a relationship right now, he said it doesn't have to be a relationship. i said i'm not into that 'friends-with-benefits' shit. we forgot about it." i say and yawn before drying my face with a towel.

"i never really liked him, he's too cocky out on the field but he's on the team so i just got along with him." mattia shrugs. "but if he ever tries to pressure you let me know."

"thanks mattia." i smile.

"no worries marie." he smirks.

"whatever, i'm tired so i'm going to get in bed now. snapchat me tomorrow." i say as i enter my room.

"no, stay on facetime." he whines.

"but i'm gonna fall asleep." i get into my bed.

"that's fine." mattia says and i nod. "sorry again, about the way vic acted today. i honestly thought she'd be okay with the break up."

"you already apologised for that in school, even though you never needed to in the first place. is she coming out tomorrow? i can talk to her properly then." i ask.

"nah, i said i don't want to associate with her if she's gonna be a bitch."

"don't do that! you guys have all been friends for so long, i don't want to be the reason it ends." i groan into my pillow.

"elle, you're our friend now. and if she can't accept that then she's the reason the group splits." mattia says. "did you hear? apparently we've got a soccer game coming up, coach will probably tell us on monday. could you find out before then? since he's your uncle."

"it's not 'we' cause i can't play. but sure i'll try find out. you won't even get to play the game either cause you're so shit." i tease.

"hey, i've been getting back on track recently so..." mattia sticks his middle finger up in the camera and i laugh, closing my eyes to fall asleep.

-

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧friday ( a week later )

i take a seat on the busy bleachers, ready to watch the soccer game.

"can you see gianluca? he said he's with his mum." my brother asks from besides me. i peer around to find them.

"mrs polibio!" i shout down to her as i see her and gianluca arrive to watch her other son play. "come sit with us." i smile and she nods.

"hi elle! thank god you managed to grab a spot." she smiles back at me and the two younger boys greet eachother. "it's quite busy tonight."

"that's actually my old school." i tell her.