16 | STAND TALL

Season 1, Episode 9

     QUINN WAS PACING around the room, they were almost up for their show but they boys were no where to be seen. She knew that they wouldn't make the same mistake as last time, especially Luke, so she knew something bad at happened.

"Hey, guys, it's time." Ron said, knocking on the door.

"Just a second." Quinn answered, looking at Julie and Flynn. "Something's wrong. The boys were getting those jolts pretty bad when we were leaving and they wouldn't stand us up again. They must have run out of time."

Flynn looked between the sisters. "I'm so sorry, guys."

"They didn't cross over." Julie mumbled. "They're gone and we didn't even get to say goodbye."

Flynn hugged Julie while Quinn tried to stop herself from crying. There was another knock. "Hey, you guys are on."

Quinn stood up and ran out, making her sister and Flynn follow until they lost her. The teen ran out into the street, she wanted to scream, she wanted to cry, she wanted Alex back, she wanted Reggie back...she wanted Luke back.

The girl looked up at the sky. "I don't know if you can hear me, mom, but...I can do this. You sent amazing people down and if I was supposed to help them...I didn't. I lost them like I lost you. I never said said goodbye and I never told Luke how much I love him." She paused. "Please send me some sort of sign. Something to tell me that this will all be okay. That I'll get through it."

A woman walked past the weeping teen and stopped. She turned to her and pulled out a dahlia from her bag, smiling while giving it the girl. Dahlia's were her mom's favorites. She slowly took it, giving the woman a smile.

"Thank you."

She nodded and walked away. This was a sign, Quinn could feel it. She wiped her eyes and walked back into the Orpheum with confidence. She walked over to her sister and handed her the flower.

"Everything will be fine. Trust me."

Julie hugged her sister tightly and hand in hand, they walked onto the stage. Quinn grabbing her guitar on the way past.

"Welcome to Live at the Orpheum. Now give it up for The Molina's and The Phantoms." Someone announced.

Julie placed the dahlia on her keyboard as Quinn placed her guitar over her shoulder and walked over to her mic. "Hi. I'm Quinn."

"And I'm Julie. Tonight, we'd like to dedicate this song to our mom, who's been there with us every time we've played. And thank her for...not giving up on us."

"We'd also like to dedicate this performance to...three special friends...who have changed our lives completely, who brought music back to us. It was their dream to play here and...this is for them."

Julie smiled at her sister. "This song is for anyone who's lost their way. Step into your greatness. Don't give up. Stand tall. Thank you."

The crowd cheered as Julie finished and quietened down when eh began to play.

"Don't blink, no, I don't want to miss it
One thing, and it's back to the beginning
'Cause everything is rushing in fast
Keep going on, never look back." Julie sang.

Quinn joined her, not playing her guitar just yet. "And it's one, two, three, four times
That I'll try for one more night
Light a fire in my eyes
I'm going out of my mind."

The older Molina then sang, it sounded lightly odd due to her sudden change but this would have been where she sung with Luke. "Whatever happens, even if I'm the last standing
I'ma stand tall, I'ma stand tall
Whatever happens, even when everything's down
I'ma stand tall, I'ma stand tall
I gotta keep on dreaming
'Cause I gotta catch that feeling
Whatever happens, even if I'm the last standing
I'ma stand tall, I'ma stand tall."

🎉 You've finished reading | 𝙿𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚖 | 𝙻.𝙿𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 | 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚍 🎉