8 | THE SCHOOL DANCE

Season 1, Episode 4

     QUINN RANG THE doorbell of Carrie's home, ignoring the cuts she had on her hand from climbing the barbed wire fence to get into the home. Carrie opened the door and looked at the Molina girls and Flynn.

"Hey." Julie and Flynn said at the same time.

"What are you guys doing here> How'd you get over the security gate?" Carrie asked rudely.

Quinn crossed her arms. "Teamwork!" She said sarcastically. "Do you have a band-aid? The barbed wire's new."

"What do you want?"

Flynn took over this time, as she knew Julie wasn't the best liar. "Uh, just thought you should know that their band is playing at the dance tonight."

"Now you know." Julie smiled.

Carrie looked between the three of them. "You guys are acting weirder than usual."

"Probably because we're thirsty. Can we come in for a glass of water?"

Carrie rolled her eyes. "Fine, if it'll make you leave faster." The three girls walked into the home. "Don't break anything."

"I'll break your nose if you don't stop with that preppy attitude." Quinn mumbled as Carrie walked away.

Julie and Flynn went one way after being told to say that if Carrie asked, Quinn went to the bathroom, while the older Molina actually went outside to try and find the boys. The girl glanced inside to see Julie making a fool of herself in front of her crush, Nick. The younger Molina then spilled her water in order to be able to sneak upstairs to try and find the boys.

Quinn hid herself when Trevor ran out to his helicopter and flew away, she watched the guy leave and then walked around the corner only to be met with the butts of the ghost members of the band.

"Jesus! Pull your pants back up!"

The boys scrambled to do so then turned to face the angry Molina girl. "Hey, Quinn." Luke said, his face slightly red.

"So, did you guys have fun in there?"

"Okay, you'd do the exact same if he stole all your songs."

Quinn rolled her eyes. "You have new songs, with me and Julie. The best way to get back at Trevor is for this band to do great. And to do that, we have to play at dances, then clubs."

Luke stepped forward. "And tours, I know."

The girl glanced down then looked back up at Luke. "I'll see you guys at school and if you don't show, I will personally send you to hell. Especially you Luke."

"We got it." Alex nodded. "Don't worry."

Quinn nodded and walked inside, collecting her sister and friend before leaving with them. She dropped Julie and Flynn as the latter girl's house so they could talk about the dance while Quinn headed home in order to find her outfit and hopefully finish off her song about a certain ghost.

After deciding on a similar look to what Luke usually wore, a rainbow muscle tee, blue jeans and black trainers to wear at the dance, Quinn laid in on her bed writing the rest of her song. Staring off into space until the words just appeared in her mind. After finishing the whole song, she grabbed her guitar and put the music and lyrics together.

"I sit and wait
Does an angel contemplate my fate
And do they know
The places where we go
When we're grey and old
'Cause I have been told
That salvation lets their wings unfold

So when I'm lying in my bed
Thoughts running through my head
And I feel that love is dead
I'm loving angels instead

And through it all he offers me protection
A lot of love and affection
Whether I'm right or wrong
And down the waterfall
Wherever it may take me
I know that life won't break me
When I come to call
He won't forsake me
I'm loving angels instead

When I'm feeling weak
And my pain walks down a one way street
I look above
And I know I'll always be blessed with love

And as the feeling grows
He brings flesh to my bones
And when love is dead
I'm loving angels instead

And through it all he offers me protection
A lot of love and affection
Whether I'm right or wrong
And down the waterfall
Wherever it may take me
I know that life won't break me
When I come to call
He won't forsake me
I'm loving angels instead

And through it all he offers me protection
A lot of love and affection
Whether I'm right or wrong
And down the waterfall
Wherever it may take me
I know that life won't break me
When I come to call
He won't forsake me
I'm loving angels instead."

"Who's that about?" Quinn lifted her head to see her brother stood in the doorway of her room. "Is that about that Tom guy?"

Quinn shook her head. "No, it's not. It's about someone else."

"Who?" Carlos asked, sitting on his sister's bed and taking her note book.

Quinn took her note book back. "None of your business, weasel. So you're playing the dance?"

"Yeah." The girl nodded, putting her note book on a self out of reach of Carlos. "Also stay out of my room from now on."

The boy sighed and left, Julie arrived home soon after and the Molina girls got ready for the dance. They hadn't seen a single sign of the boys since they left them at the Wilson home and it worried Quinn sightly. They arrived at the dance and saw Flynn on the stage already DJ-ing.

"Do we have any Bobcats in the house?" She asked the dancing students, who cheered in response. "Everybody make some noise. Okay, okay, not too much noise. There's an anger management meeting down the hall.

Flynn spotted her friends and walked over. "How you feeling?"

The Molina girls looked at each other. "Nervous." They replied.

"You'll be fine. All your gear's back stage. Come on." Julie followed her friend but Quinn was stopped by someone grabbing her arm.

She turned to see Tom. "Hey, Quinn."

"Hey Tom." She said as he let go.

"I can't wait to see you guys preform."

The girl nodded. "Yeah, I just hope it goes well."

"So where's your date?"

"He's technically a hologram because he's from Sweden but he's here...technically."

Tom chuckled. "Well, unfortunately, I won't be here the entire nigh but I'll try and make it for your performance." He smiled before walking away and disappearing into the ground.

Quinn walked up the stage and went to the back where she saw Flynn and Julie. "You ready Jules?"

"Yeah, now we just wait for the guys."

{This is kinda short as the ending of this episode is all about the boys heading to The Hollywood Ghost Club to meet Caleb so yeah.}