13 | EDGE OF GREAT

Season 1, Episode 7

     QUINN GOT HOME and sighed. She didn't go to the studio straight away, she went to her room and wrote what happened between her and Luke before placing it into her box. After ten minutes, Julie dragged her sister down to the studio to practice as it wouldn't be long until they had to perform. 

This song didn't have Quinn playing the guitar, she was only singing. Julie and Luke were singing too but they also had to play the piano and guitar. Julie had also come up with the idea of letting Quinn get onto the piano for her best note. The teen tried to back out of it but in the end agreed after the whole band suggested she do it, and Luke's puppy eyes.

The night came by quick and the sisters got ready, Julie wore a beautiful outfit which was a white shirt decorated with butterflies, black sweats with patters on and some boots. Quinn decided to wear a short blue dress and curl her hair. As soon as Luke saw the look, he stuttered out a compliment and Alex chuckled.

People began to arrive, getting drinks and finding somewhere to stand around the piano that was just outside the studio. People began to clap when they saw Flynn walk up to mic set up for Quinn.

"What's up, everybody. Time to put your hands up, do a little dance, yup. Here's the new anthem from The Molina's and The Phantoms."

Carlos and his friend opened the doors to the studio to allow the sisters to walk out. People cheered for them as they took their places, Julie at the piano and Quinn at the mic Flynn was just at.

"Thanks for coming everyone." Quinn smiled.

Julie glanced at her sister before she started to play.

"Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious." Julie sang, smiling.

Quinn began to sing after her. "And like a rubber ball
We come bouncing back
We all got a second act, inside of us."

The band joined them and Quinn pulled the mic from the stand, luckily that had an extra one for Luke this time so they didn't have to share. "I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own."

"'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
Great
Great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great." Quinn sang with the rest of the band repeating the first line.

Luke sang into his mic, looking at Quinn. "We all make mistakes
But they're just stepping stones
To take us where we wanna go
It's never straight, no."

"Sometimes we gotta lean
Lean on someone else
To get a little help
Until we find our way." Quinn and Luke harmonized.

"I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own

'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
Great
Great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of..." Quinn got onto the piano to sing.

"Shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
Don't gotta hide it
Let your colors blind their eyes
Be who you are no compromise

Just shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out." The older Molina lowed herself until she was sat down on the piano.

"What doesn't kill you makes you feel alive
Ooh-oh
I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of great." Luke added a guitar riff they hadn't practiced as he made his way over to Quinn, leaning against the piano.

"Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own

'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
On the edge of great
On the edge
'Cause we're standing on the edge of..." Apparently Reggie had said something to Julie because as the band disapeared, she got up and stood to the side.

Luke walked over to Quinn, looking into her eyes as they sang into the same mic. "Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious."

Then Luke disapeared.

Quinn felt her sister but her hand on her shoulder. The older girl got off the piano and the two bowed as their guests cheered. The party only lasted about two hours after that, most of it was spend getting complements from the guests.

"Holy crap!" Lily squealed, hugging her friend tightly. "That was amazing!"

"Thanks Lils."

"Please tell me you and Luke are dating. You guys are so cute!"

Quinn chuckled. "Well, we told each other that we like each other but distance is the only thing separating us."

Lily pouted. "That is too bad because you guys ooze chemistry."

"Never say ooze again. My dad is ordering pizza after the party, wanna stay?"

Lily suddenly became quiet. "You are gonna kill me...but I'm going to my boyfriends house."

"You have a boyfriend and never told me? Who is it?"

The red head mumbled something. 

"What?"

"Tom."

The Molina girl paused. "Okay...well. I support you but if he hurts you, I will break him."

Lily smiled and hugged Quinn. "Thank you!"

The girl left with the other guests and so the Molina child went inside. Quinn didn't really pay attention to the conversation and only ate a couple slices before going to bed. She sat in her room and played her guitar softly, she didn't really know what she was doing. She wanted to hang out with Luke but he was gone and she had no idea where.

{Another short one, I think this is the shortest one but I love this song except the fact I cant hit the notes properly.}