14 | UNSAID EMILY

Season 1, Episode 8

WARNING...FEELS

     AT SCHOOL, QUINN was bombarded with people wanting to take a picture with her. Their YouTube video was extremely popular. She was walking down the hall when Flynn stopped her and pointed at Julie who was talking to Nick. When the boy left, the two walked over to Julie.

"Well that wasn't just a what's up." Flynn nudged the girl.

"Nick wanted to go on a date."

The older Molina and Flynn gasped.

"And I said yes!"

"Oh, my sis and her first boyfriend!" Quinn chuckled.

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Not yet.

Julie rolled her eyes but smiled. "Anyway, the date is tonight so Flynn. I need you to help with my outfit."

"Absolutely." The girls walked away, their arms linked.

Quinn chuckled and walked to her class. The day passed somewhat quickly and when she got home, she saw Luke reading something. Then he left and Quinn walked over to what Luke was reading. She saw it was the song for his mom. She pocketed the paper and had an idea.

She made her way to Luke's home and just when she was about to knock on the door, Luke appeared next to her. "Luke!"

"What are you doing here?" He asked the girl.

"Okay, look. I just wanted to know more about you, you know, just curious. So I came here on your birthday last week."

"You were spying on me?" He asked, slight anger in his tone. "Even after all your speeches on boundaries?"

"Technically that was Julie...but I'm sorry. It was wrong. But I'm worried about you."

Luke shook his head. "You don't have to be."

"Yes I do, Luke. I care about you a lot and I can't just let you try and deal with this on your own. You're not able to talk to your parents just like I can't talk to my mom. The only difference is that I can help you. I can speak to your parents for you. I know how hard it is to want to speak to someone you love but you can't."

"I don't even know what I'd to say to her, even if she could hear me."

"Yes, you do. You've already said it. Trust me."

Luke looked into her eyes for a moment before pressing the doorbell. Seconds later, Luke's dad opened the door.

"Hello. Can I help you?" He asked.

"Hi, I'm Quinn. I believe you had a son named Luke?"

The man nodded. "Yes, that's right. And you are again?"

"Quinn Molina. Your son's band used to play in my family garage?" She pulled out the song from her pocket. "I came across this song that he wrote and figured you'd be interested?"

"Um, well yes. Please, come in. I'm Mitch." He offered his hand.

Quinn took it and stepped into the house. "Nice to meet you." She looked back at Luke and motioned for him to follow which he did.

"Can I get you something?" Mitch asked.

Quinn shook her head. "No, I'm good. Thank you." She stopped in front of a picture of Luke when he was younger. "Is this your son?"

"Yeah, that's Luke. When he was two."

"Do you have any other children?"

Mitch shook his head. "No."