4 | BRIGHT

Season 1, Episode 2

     THAT NIGHT, QUINN walked downstairs to find Luke stood in front of the fridge, staring into it. "What are you doing?" She asked, walking over to him.

"I just wanna see what you got."

"Wait, can you guys even eat?"

He stood his head and so the teen slowly closed the door, making it go right though the ghost.

Luke pouted. "Hey! You know how long it took me to open that?"

"With those noodle arms, I'm guessing at least an hour." She joked, leaning on the counter. "But anyway, I don't believe in wasting power."

Luke glanced at his arms and purposely flexed them, to show off his muscle. "Good, because that's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about. Well you and Julie but she's in the bathroom."

"Our power usage?" She asked, pulling her eyes away from Luke's muscles.

He smirked a little when he saw her eyes. "No, the power that you have. Your voice. Julie's piano playing. Your guitar playing. Dude, you're like human wrecking balls."

"Is this a pep talk?" Quinn asked, standing up and grabbing an apple.

"What I'm saying is that you have the power to move people. To knock them off their feet. There is no way your teachers wouldn't let you back into your school if they heard you guys play like that."

The teen looked at Luke. "Who told you I got kicked out?"

The ghost gulped. "Uh, Julie did."

"I am going to kill her." She said, standing up.

Luke stood in front of her and Quinn seemed to forget that she could talk through him, so she stopped, looking up at him as he was taller than her. "Look, I don't know why you got kicked out since you are like, awesome but to get back in you need to blow them away."

"They're not just gonna let us back in." Quinn sighed, grabbing the apple she left on the counter.

"If getting back into music is what you want, then you gotta go for it. Learn from me. Your tainted hot dog could be right around the corner."

The teen looked at the able she was about to take a bite of and sighed, placing it back in the fruit bowl and sighing. "We have nothing prepared."

"Thought you'd say that." He smiled, pulling out some paper. "It's called Bright. It's a Sunset Curve song I wrote that we never got to record. But it's perfect for yours and Julie's range. Check out the chorus for a second. If you add a little bit of piano, I'm telling you...your eyes through the night. You and I, we will fight to shine together. Bright forever." He sang.

"And rise, through the night. You and I, we will fight to shine together." They sang in unison.

"Go up high." He said to the girl who did just that.

"Bright forever." They harmonized.

Quinn looked down at the paper then back at Luke. "Thanks."

He bit his bottom lip and smiled. "Yeah, no problem."

"I gotta go show this to Julie."

He nodded and allowed her to walk past and upstairs. Quinn bit her lip, no, she was not getting feelings for a guy who died twenty five years ago. She shook her head and went up to Julie's room.

"Hey, so Luke has this song he thinks will get us back into the music program." She smiled, leaning against the door frame and showing the paper to her sister.