2 | WAKE UP

Season 1, Episode 1

     "WHAT? NO, NO, no. Th-that's impossible." Leather jacket guy spoke. "After we floated out of the ambulance, all we did was go to that weird, dark room where Alex cried."

Alex shook his head and in a high-pitched voice spoke. "Well...I don't think...I think we were all pretty upset. Okay."

"But that was just for like an hour." Rush shirt said. "We just showed up here."

Julie showed her phone to them. "Look, I'm telling you what my phone says. See? You died in 1995. When you were seventeen. It's now 2020."

"So this is the future?" Leather jacket said in an amazed voice.

Alex took in a breath. "Wait, wait. So...so it;;s been twenty-five years? I have been crying for twenty-five years? How is that possible?"

"Well, you're a very emotional person."

"I am not!"

Carlos' voice then broke through the ghost's arguing. "I thought Julie was afraid to come out here. You talking to your ghost friend? How does he look? Is he hideous?"

Alex chuckled and looked at his friend in leather. "He can see you."

Quinn rolled her eyes. "No, he can't."

"What?" Carlos looked around confused.

"What do you want stink breath?"

"Normal sisters for starters and my bat." He said, taking it from his older sibling. "Stop being weird and come eat."

Julie watched their younger brother leave then looked back at the three boys. "He couldn't see you."

Alex nodded. "Yeah, I mean, that's...usually how ghosts work."

Julie sighed. "Look, I'm very sorry for what happened to you guys, but this isn't your studio anymore. You have to leave."

"But wait. We..." The rush shirt paused. "We didn't get your names."

"Quinn." The other girl responded as Julie left. "That was my sister Julie and my brother Carlos."

"Cool. I-I'm Luke." He walked forward to offer a hand but stopped when he saw the look on the girls face. "By the way. And this is..."

Leather jacket waved. "Reggie. I'm Reggie. Hey."

Luke chuckled at his friend's giddiness. "And..."

"Alex." Blondie smiled. "How's it going?"

Luke put his hands out to his friends. "Ba-da." He said softly.

Quinn sighed softly. "Okay." She then left the studio and headed inside. where the table was all set, an empty place for their mom.

"Okay, let's do this." Their dad said, holding his hands out to Julie and Carlos. 

They connected their hands and Quinn grabbed Julie's other hand. She and Carlos didn't connect their hands, and left room for their mom.

"Your turn, Carlos." Quinn said to her brother.

"Thank you for our leftovers and the power of the mighty microwave. Amen."

"Amen." The family repeated, all with smiles on their faces.

The three kids held out their plates to allow their dad to give them some spaghetti. "So...Carlos tells me he found you in the studio."

"Hello! Hello!" A familiar voice called out.