introduction

Your Majesty we are ready for you.

I look at myself in the mirror while Macy my help as my parents call her finishes curling the last piece of my dark brown hair.

ill be down in ten Margaret.

I was not in the mood for this not at all.

tonight was my brothers birthday party where he is turning eighteen meaning next year big brother mike gets the crown. so of course there has to be a ball to celebrate his existence now don't get me wrong I love my brother even though he can be stuck up sometimes but I'm just really not one for these charades.

we are all done miss I smile at Macy and stood up to get dressed I got dressed in a beautiful of the shoulder light blue ball gown with white patterns all over it to tie my outfit and hair together macy put two beautiful pins on both sides of my hair keeping it out of my face.

I walk over to my silver heels and put them on.

lets get this show on the road then shall we macy?

we live in a small country where there is still such a thing as royalty this place is not so well known to the whole world but its paradise and my home.

I finally see my parents waiting for me outside the door to the royal ballroom.

finally took you forever!

calm down Margaret just get this show on the road I'm a lot like my dad not really a fan of these big events its more my mothers style and she gets whatever she wants clearly.

the doors to the royal ballroom opened and we were announced after we walked in I went my separate way not even caring about greeting the old people.

I made my way to my best friend Olivia who was sat at a big table looking absolutely depressed.

so I'm guessing my presence wont turn that frown upside down then?

finally!

yeah yeah shut your mouth you know if I could have my way I wouldn't even be here.

we laughed and continued our mindless banter.

the rest o the night flew by and we were now saying goodbye to some of our guest.

we were down to the last few guest when my uncle john who is my dads brother came walking in looking really strange before I knew what was going on he pulled out a knife and stabbed my dad I was grabbed by three of my dads guards as I saw my uncle stab my brother I screamed as I was dragged away and shoved into a car outside of the palace.

after what felt like forever my mother came rushing out with tons of security she jumped into the car and yelled at the driver to drive.

mom-

its going to be alright Alora were are going to be just fine.

what is going to happen to the kingdom?

I don't know honey all I know is your uncle took over the crown. I'm sorry honey but your brother and dad didn't make it.

I burst out crying who knew my life would change so drastically?

after an hour drive we made it to the airport I had to change out if my dress in the car so I'm wearing grey sweats and a black shirt putting on a pair of sunglasses to mask my identity?

we rush out of the car and follow the security there has been measures put in place if something like this is happening but I guess my mother doesn't want to follow those measures she gave me a fake passport and my plane ticket to san Francisco wonderful.

after we board the airplane she starts strategizing a huge plan.

she was quiet for two hours not saying a word just writing in her journal.

so new plan we need to hide out because I don't know if John will send people after us so when we land we will go to the shopping mall were going to have to change our whole look then we are going to go to our safe house which your father didn't even know about and then we have to become normal people I have to get a job and you are going to school it is imperative that we stay hidden.

I give my mom a weak smile as I see her starting to fall asleep.

mum go to sleep ill wake you up when we land.

she fell asleep as soon as I finished my sentence.

well then I'm royally screwed...