chapter 16

I went to the lawyers and they already knew when I arrived I sat there for two hours signing a bunch of papers and talking to them about my mothers funeral.

so your going to have a funeral for your mother and I was wondering do you want to bury her next to her parents or-

yes next to her parents please.

alright now when do you want to hold the funeral the police will release the body on Friday so maybe Saturday?

yes that sounds good anything else?

yes do you want a reverent to say a few words?

no I want to keep it close family.

okay last question what flowers do you want?

uhm can I ask for a huge favor I will pay I don't care I want uhm white lilies with four leaf clovers in between.

alright well see what we can do.

thanks miss Mackerzie well call you with the final details and once again I'm sorry for your loss your mother was one amazing woman.

thanks I walk out of the office with the necessary things I took my phone out of my pocket and without thinking I called Elliot.

he picked up after a few rings.

hi Alora?

hi uhm are you busy?

kind of why?

I was wondering if you wanted to-

Alora?

I heard a girls voice on the phone.

yeah?

hi ava here could you please stop calling my boyfriend!

wait your dating ava?

yeah uhm-

I end the phone call and headed out of the building.

I don't know why it hurt so much but it did.

I got on my cruiser and drove to the diner Elliot took me to.

once I got there I sat down in a booth at the far back.

Alora hi!

I look up to see Levi standing in front of me.

hi Levi.

are you okay?

yeah uhm can I just get a glass of water please?

sure I lean my head back on the headrest as I feel tears streaming down my face.

here you go.

thanks Elliot.

is there someone I can call for you or-

no its fine please Levi I just need to think.

okay. I'm here if you need me.

he left.

I put my feet up on the couch and rested my head against the wall. closing my eyes for a few seconds.

after sitting in the booth for two hours I stood up left a tip even though I only drank water and headed back home.

once I reached the temporary house I grabbed my bags with clothes and necessities and left the house .

after I found a hotel I checked in for about a week.

I went up to my room which was actually nice it was simple living area with a small kitchen and a small bathroom and a bed.

it was all I needed honestly.

it was three in the morning and I was looking through articles of Tomerscia and still haven't found anything relevant about my brother or the country.

I slam my laptop close and lie back in the bed.

I pick up my phone and look through my messages I have one from Elliot but at the moment I'm not going to care about that.

I dialed Kyle's number and after a few rings he answered.

Alora?

are you alright where were you after school?

are you busy?

no why?

I need you-

where are you I told him I'm at the hotel and he said he was on his way.

just make sure no one follows you.

alright.

ten minutes later Kyle was knocking on my door.

I opened the door letting him in.

what's going on why are you here where is your mother?

can we sit please?

okay we sit down and I stay quiet.

okay so uhm- tears start streaming down my eyes as I start to sob.

no, no please don't tell me, oh Alora I'm so sorry.

he stood up walked over to me and engulfed me in a hug.

I'm here Alora I'm here.

after crying for twenty minutes I finally got the courage to talk.

she was killed in a car accident it was a big accident only two people survived.

and uhm yeah I was at the lawyers the whole afternoon and we organized a small funeral for her on Saturday and uhm can you and your mom please come with me?

otherwise it will only be me there and she- oh god I really miss her.

its okay Alora we will be there for you.

thank you Kyle you are really the best friend I could have asked for in this time.

like I said Alora ill be here for you.

thanks.

so you coming to school tomorrow?

I don't think so I have to go and talk to George and then make sure everything is settled for the funeral I didn't have the chance to bury my dad and brother so ill be dammed if I don't get the chance to give my mom peace.

okay then its settled I'm coming with you tomorrow.

okay thanks Kyle you want to stay here then its anyways a few hours till eight so we might as well just watch some television and eat some room service?

yeah sure lets do that.

four hours later the clock strikes eight I got up and took a shower leaving Kyle to sleep.

I got dressed in a black oversized sweater with a black skirt pairing it with high knee socks and a pair of black high heel boots.

I walked out of the bathroom to see Kyle awake and on the phone.

yeah mom well bee safe ill see you tonight thank you love you too. he hung up the phone.

so she alright with it?

yeah and she is coming to the funeral.

okay!

he jumped up with enthusiasm we taking my car?

sure lets go.

we went to the car park and got into his car.

we were headed to George when Kyle's phone rang.

morning babe.

yeah uhm I'm not coming to school today, no I just need to help my mom with some stuff at the office.

okay ill see you later bye babe.

I'm sorry you have to lie to her.

its alright Alora she will understand one day.