14

At 4 AM, Namjoon woke up to his daughter beginning to build a fuss in her basket.

The little baby girl beginning to reach out, cooing as she shook in her blanket. Eyebrows scrunched, nearly about to scream her lungs out.

The omega was lucky he caught it, he leaned up with his pregnant belly aching him as he grabs his little girl carefully from the wool basket she was placed in to sleep. He frowns, cooing back at little Eunji as she whimpers, beginning to cry softly.

"Puppy..." Namjoon whispers softly, the moonlight hitting their room, giving them a dim blue light. The omega frowns, putting down his little girl on Jungkooks chest as he barely got up from the futon, huffing his way through. As he leaned down once again, Eunji continued wanting to cry, the omega sighs softly, knowing if she woke the alphas, they'd bother him none stop.

He was lucky his pup couldn't roll herself over just yet, grabbing her by her little arms as he carried her towards the door out into the small balcony. He sighs softly, gently rocking her before he gasped, stepping on someones foot.

Namjoon stared down into the dark, eyes thinning. Moonlight shined but faces were a blur. He frowns, grimacing before quickly making his way out silently, attempting not to wake anyone.

"Eunji." He says softly, the pup staring up at him with big teary eyes. Namjoon frowns, "You aren't stinky, baby. So, what's wrong?"

The pup whines, fussing once again on her mothers lap before her lips trembled. The little pup begins crying, small hand smacking against the omegas sore chest. Namjoon frowns, soothing a hand over his daughters curly hair, allowing her to cry whatever was making her upset out.

Though, after a few minutes of Namjoon soothing Eunjis back, the pup hadn't stopped crying. The baby laying her head on the omegas chest, sobbing her eyes out. The young mother had begun to think his babes belly was gassy because that could be the only reason she was crying this much, right?

Wrong.

Namjoon gasped and Eunji pulled down his hanbok from his chest, the baby crying as the omega held her by her tiny chubby legs so she wouldn't fall. The baby pulled on a necklace the omega wore before crying even more.

The omega gasps before biting his lip to stop himself from crying. "You wanna see papa, baby girl?" He asks, tears gathering in his eyes as he used one hand to hold his baby by her waist and pulls off his necklace with his other hand.

Eunji coos as she resorted to sniffles as she suckled on her finger, sitting down on Namjoons lap as she watched her mother open the small locket. The omega smiling sadly when he saw his husbands face.

"Papa looked handsome here, mh?" Namjoon smiles, tears falling as he looked at the photo of his now dead husband.

Eunji clapped, grabbing the small locket, it being sprayed with perfume that belonged to the omegas lover. Perhaps that's what made his pup unconsolable, she sensed papa, though, papa wasn't around.

Sungho was his name. A soldier of Ilseong that was faithful and loyal, kept his word for every promise the king served. Perhaps Namjoons sometimes thought there was no finding love again for him. Sungho was the only alpha he ever truly loved.

They shared a pup, little Eunji. Planned to build a family of four, though cut short at two. He had his growing babe in his belly, the last piece of Sungho he would ever have that was connected to him.

Namjoon tearfully looked down at the monochrome photo as the pup stared at her daddy, frowning before looking up at her mom. Perhaps questioning where her papa was.