Chapter 29

Skeppy POV

That morning, Skeppy woke up feeling lifeless. Was there even a point to sleeping if you couldn't rest? His arms and legs hurt from swimming in his dreams, though surely he was just imagining the pain, as it had not actually happened.

Occasionally, Skeppy would check the time left on Angel's clock, but it seemed to tick by so slowly. He had not received a single message from Bad ever since he had stopped sending them. Skeppy still felt the sadness, but it was numbed by the emptiness he felt. Emotions tried hard to get past the mask of nothingness, but Skeppy remained unchanged. He did everything with no reason to. His passion for making videos had faded because he no longer had someone to record with.

Skeppy sighed as he put on the once familiar persona of himself. It felt so alien to put the joy back into his voice, but he tried his hardest. It was still clear that he was feeling off in the videos, so he blamed it on a cold. He certainly felt cold inside. Each night, when Skeppy would try to sleep, nightmares came. The only time he felt any emotions were in his nightmares. It was the only time his brain freely expressed anything.

Each nightmare got more and more vivid, the longer Skeppy held back his feelings. It was the fifth night since he had returned home, leaving him with nine more days of suffering before everything could return to normal. Skeppy would no longer wake up in the abyss like he used to. Sometimes he would find himself floating in space with a limited amount of oxygen. Sometimes he would find himself falling unendingly.

Sometimes there would be nothing at all, and that was what scared Skeppy the most. Nothingness. The feeling of truly being alone. The solitude may seem nice at first, but when you take time to think about it, the realization messes you up. Skeppy would find himself emotionless at first, but the longer he sat alone, the more he thought about the fact that nobody could save him.

He felt the fear of abandonment, and his mind was playing tricks on him. A white infinity box mixed with the darkness of the void. Skeppy wasn't sure what color the light was, or if there was light at all. The stuff around him was a shade he had never seen before. It looked nothing like the normal colors of the world, but a wavelength you can't imagine.

It was as if you took the brightness of the white room, and dimmed it. You may think "oh, that's easy, it's gray," but it is not gray. It is the furthest from gray. Vivid in it's own way, but there also isn't anything there. Unperceivable, but just the perfect place to have a crisis.

Skeppy felt very out of place there, in his colored hoodie. He stuck out, but also blended in. The color was almost like its own entity, everything and nothing, all at once. It was the numbness mixed with his emotions. An equilibrium of everything and nothing at a state so completely unrecognizable. The loneliness drifted in and out of Skeppy's mind.

No escape from this place that he was aware of. He laid there on the floor, allowing himself to think. That was a mistake. His mind overloaded from all that he had been holding back, causing sensory overload. He felt a headache coming on and he heard every single suppressed thought.

The voices in his head shouted at him and he so desperately tried to tune them out. He couldn't help but sit there and listen as his emotions drove him mad. He felt himself running out of strength to think for himself anymore, so he allowed his mind to take over. He cried and couldn't help doing anything more than crying. Listening and crying.

The voices began to turn to a static ringing in his ears. A sharp sound that was constant, unchanging and painful. He could no longer think, even if he wanted to. "Why me?" Was all he could manage before giving in to the sound.

Word Count: 700 Words