Chapter 22

Skeppy POV

Skeppy fell backwards into the pillows on the bed. He thought about what Angel had told him. Bad needs to go home. An idea sparked in his mind, he thought about the times Bad had told him about the spare room in his house. All those times before, he figured Bad had been joking, but now he wondered if it might have been an actual offer.

Bad came back a few minutes later, carrying some bags of food. While they ate, Skeppy wondered if Bad would actually let him stay. "Hey Bad?"

"Yeah?"

"About that spare room you offered..."

Bad smiled, "I thought you'd never ask!"

"Do you think I could-"

"Yes! Yes you can come stay with me."

Skeppy was content with that answer, allowing him to forget about Angel. "So when will we be returning to your house?"

"Our house," Bad corrected, "But anytime, really."

"Hmm, we could go back on Sunday," he suggested.

"Sounds good to me."

After an eventful two days, Skeppy and Bad were both tired and looking forward to their return to their normal lives. As normal as possible. The two fell asleep in the bed at the resort, making sure they got enough sleep so they wouldn't be tired on the drive back to Skeppy's house.

While it would have been faster to drive straight back to Bad's house, they both needed to collect their things from Skeppy's house. Plus, Skeppy also needed to say goodbye to his family.

Check out of the hotel was 11 am, but they were on the road by 8. It was early for both of them, but it seemed that ever since the accident, they both woke up earlier than they used to. The drive home took two hours due to traffic, but they got there by 10.

Once Skeppy got back home, he sat down at his desk and looked through Twitter. Everyone was freaking out about Skeppy and Bad meeting up, but Skeppy wasn't looking to provide any more information to them yet. He looked through the videos that his editor had sent back to him. Usually he would edit, but he had been so busy lately that he didn't get a chance to.

In his inbox was a couple messages from various people. Some of his friends asked how he was doing, some staff related messages from Mega and a few other things. Skeppy responded to them and eventually told everyone that things would be back to normal pretty soon. He didn't give any more details. He didn't need to.

That night, Skeppy was tossing and turning, unable to sleep peacefully. Bad was asleep next to him, and Skeppy didn't want to wake him, so he quietly slipped out of bed and pulled on a hoodie. He walked past the kitchen and pulled open the sliding glass door that led to the pool. Skeppy stepped outside, letting the cool breeze rustle through his hair.

He looked up at the moon, then down at the moon's reflection in the water. He felt a sense of uneasiness, as if he was being watched. Skeppy glanced around, looking for any signs of Angel. He didn't want to talk to Angel at that moment, but luckily he didn't have to.

While Angel was nowhere to be seen, there was a small orb that seemed to be following him from a distance. Skeppy approached it and tried to take a closer look at it. The orb suddenly stopped floating around. It fell into Skeppy's palm, where he could see it better. "What is this?"

Skeppy felt anxious just holding it. He looked around again, but when he looked back at his hand, the orb was gone. Angel was holding it. "I hope you aren't still mad at me."

Skeppy sighed as he looked at Angel. Typically his aura felt a lot stronger, but Skeppy could manage to look him in the eyes. "I'm not mad, but could you leave me alone for a while?"

"How long?" Angel sounded as if he was actually considering it.

"I don't know, a month or something."

Angel looked into Skeppy's eyes. "Fair enough, but don't say I didn't warn you."

Those last words haunted Skeppy, but he didn't dare ask anything of Angel now that he had sent him away. Angel faded, leaving Skeppy shivering. The wind picked up, rustling the palm trees. Skeppy stood there as clouds covered the previously clear sky. A drizzle started to pour. "I'm sorry if you're mad at me for this..." Skeppy muttered before stepping back inside.

He returned to bed and laid awake all night. He wondered if Angel would truly go away. Surely not, Angel was there to protect them, so he couldn't be away for too long. Skeppy sighed as he stared up at the ceiling. He was anxious that he upset Angel, but surely he would understand that constant divine interference could take a hit on a person.

Skeppy figured Angel would understand if he had ever been human. Surely angels were just dead people, right? Skeppy realized how little he knew about angels, but he knew far more than the average person ever should.

Skeppy got so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even realize that sunlight had begun to stream through his curtains. His blue curtains. That would be the last morning he'd wake up to the blue filtered sunlight for a while. When Skeppy did finally notice the sun was coming up, he got out of bed and looked at the small collection of boxes. He had his things packed.

There wasn't much to bring. Just his clothes, his pc/monitors, and a few other personal belongings. Skeppy picked up the lighter boxes and carried them out to his car. He saw that his sister's car wasn't in the driveway. He quickly put the boxes into the back seat of his new car. He had gotten a new Audi convertible because it was his favorite type of car.

The boxes of clothes weren't difficult, but he struggled to lift the heavier box due to his arm being weak. He decided he would just leave it there and have Bad help him later. He went into the kitchen and grabbed an energy drink from the fridge. As he drank it, he walked over to the back door to let Rocco out.

"It'll probably be a while before I come back," he told Rocco. Skeppy picked up one of Rocco's toys and tossed it across the patio a few times. He felt the staticy feeling that came across him every time he was being watched, but he shrugged it off and pretended not to care.

Angel is still here, he just probably won't reveal himself to me anymore. Skeppy still felt slight regret about telling Angel to leave, but he did it willingly... Skeppy shook his head. "Overthinking again," he said before walking back inside. 

Word Count: 1137 Words