Chapter 13

Skeppy POV

Skeppy woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. He didn't have any nightmares that night. Opening his eyes and finding himself laying beside Bad assured him that he wasn't alone, which allowed him to sleep peacefully. When he opened his eyes that morning, there was one thought on his mind. Valentine's Day.

Not very long after he opened his eyes, Bad woke up too. They laid in bed talking for a little bit before getting up. Bad stood up first, grabbing his glasses from the table before handing Skeppy his own. Some days, Skeppy just didn't feel like putting in his contacts, so he'd just wear glasses.

After getting up, Skeppy took a look in the mirror. His hair was messy because it hadn't dried fully after his shower the previous night. He combed through it to make it look better before heading down to the kitchen to join Bad. He was sitting on a stool, sipping a cup of coffee. There was one at the spot next to him as well, so Skeppy sat down and took a drink from his.

"What do you want to do today, Skeppy?" Bad asked him.

Skeppy thought for a moment as he sipped the coffee. He wanted to do a lot of things, but there were many he couldn't do, due to his broken arm. "We could go see a movie?" He suggested.

"Ok!" Bad said quickly, "Got anything in mind?"

"Hmm," Skeppy pulled out his phone to take a look at the movies that were playing.

Bad was looking at Skeppy's phone too, "Oh! Oh! I know!" Bad said excitedly.

"Yeah?"

"How about..." he scrolled up on Skeppy's phone, "Sonic the Hedgehog!"

Skeppy laughed, "I guess that works."

Skeppy wasn't really concerned about what movie they saw, he just cared that he'd get to spend time with Bad. Bad got up to make something for breakfast for them, so Skeppy continued drinking his coffee.

Skeppy took a look at his wrist and examined the butterfly. It used to bother him, but now he didn't mind so much. He couldn't see the one on his left wrist, so he pretended it wasn't there. Just one. There was only one butterfly. That was Skeppy's mindset.

He glanced up at Bad for a second before looking back down at his wrist. A dark shadow was visible beside Bad for a moment. Skeppy looked back up and realized it was just Angel. Skeppy wanted to ask him why he was there, but he knew Angel would ignore the question and he didn't want to seem like he was talking to himself.

Skeppy got up and said, "I'll be right back," before walking down the hallway to his room. Angel followed.

"Why are you here?" He asked him.

"Just checking in on you," he stated.

"Well, I'm fine," he said, "But why do you show up so often?"

"Oh, I've always been around this often," Angel said, "You just never noticed me."

"Huh?" Skeppy was confused.

"I'm your guardian angel, Skeppy. I am devoted to protecting you."

"Why haven't I noticed you before then?"

"You didn't know I existed. Up until the accident, you had no reason to believe I was real." Angel explained.

"Ok, but do you need something from me?" Skeppy asked.

"Me? No, no. You don't even have to acknowledge I'm around most of the time. I'll let you know if I need to talk to you about something."

Skeppy thought about that for a moment.

"So how often do you show up?"

"I used to show up once a day," he told him, "But now I tend to check on you three to four times a day."

"Is that why you showed up the other night?"

"Partially," he said, "I wanted to make sure Bad checked on you."

"So you're the reason Bad woke up?"

"I woke him up, yes, but he didn't know why he had woken up."

"Wait, if you're my guardian angel, does that mean Bad has one too?" Skeppy asked.

"He used to." Angel said quickly.

"Used to?"

"Yes, well, I should be going."

"Wait! Explain!"

Angel hesitated for a moment. "Yes, he used to. There was an angel looking out for him, but since you turned 20, I've been the one assigned to both of you."

"It has something to do with the tattoos?" Skeppy guessed.

"Yeah. Once soulmates both have their tattoos, one of the angels gets reassigned to a new child, and the other gets to watch over the two."

"So where is his angel now?"

"Oh, I'm sure he's taking good care of a new child somewhere else."

"So, you're telling me that they just leave?"

"Pretty much. I was meant to leave you after the accident."

"But you didn't?" Skeppy asked.

"Of course not! I've spent 20 years of my life taking care of you, I'm not just going to let you go that easily."

"Would I have died if you didn't stick around?"

"Hard to say. Some people aren't strong enough to fight the pull of death."

"And their angels don't help them," he assumed.

"That's right. Some don't even stay around long enough to protect them if they do live, which is why so many people still die even after being resuscitated."

"Wow..." Skeppy was beginning to see the world differently after being exposed to the other plane of existence.

His thinking was cut short as Bad could be heard, calling for him. "Skeppy! Breakfast is ready!"

Skeppy hastily said goodbye to Angel before heading back down the hallway to the kitchen. He thought about all that he had just been told. Angel had never answered his questions directly like he just had. Skeppy had a better understanding now, but he also felt like he knew something he shouldn't know.

His overthinking stopped once he sat down next to Bad. They ate breakfast together, talking between bites. They spent the rest of the morning just talking about random things, enjoying the time.

Both of them had stopped talking for a moment. Skeppy wasn't sure why, but he felt the need to say something. Without thinking, he blurted out, "I love you, Bad."

Bad smiled, "I love you too, Skeppy."

And even though he knew there was nothing more than an amazing friendship between them, Skeppy felt like it meant more. A hidden part of his heart ached as he realized that there probably never would be anything more between them.

Word Count: 1036 Words

Author's Note:

I swear I didn't mean to make it end on a sad note, I just needed to split this chapter into 2 parts so it wasn't too long. Anyway, I can't wait to write chapter 14, it'll be a good one! Also! If you notice any errors in the spelling, I'm sorry about that, I got a new laptop this week, so I'm still getting used to the keyboard. Wattpad works a lot faster on this new laptop, so I should be able to make chapters slightly faster. (It all really depends on school at this point.) Ok, well, have a nice day :D

Total Word Count: 1144 Words