Chapter 5

Skeppy POV

"Don't you get it Skeppy? It's the same little black butterfly! I'm the one with your matching tattoos!"

Skeppy's eyes widened. Of all things Bad could've said, this was not what Skeppy was expecting. He gave himself a second to process what he had just heard. "I-" he couldn't convince himself to speak. He had no clue what to say.

"What do you- no. It can't be! Show me!" Skeppy demanded.

"It's true," Bad said, he sounded like he regretted telling him. "Check Telegram."

Sure enough, Skeppy saw the notification on his phone. Bad had the exact same tattoos. Skeppy flicked his eyes back and forth between the image on his screen and the designs on his wrists.

Without thinking, he quickly said, "I gotta go. I'll talk to you later."

"Skeppy? Skeppy, wait!" Bad called out to him, but Skeppy had already closed the call.

With no additional thoughts about where he was going, Skeppy lowered his sleeve and shoved his phone in his pocket. He ran toward the door and put his shoes on. Before he knew it, he was in the car, driving somewhere, but not even he knew where he was headed. He drove for a while, thinking of what he had just heard.

"How could Bad ever be my enemy?!" He asked out loud.

He sighed as he came to a red light. The light turned green and he lifted his foot from the break to the gas. The car went, but he didn't notice the car that was speeding toward the red light. The driver didn't stop, but at the moment Skeppy noticed it, it was too late to get out of the way. The car slammed right into the driver's side of Skeppy's Audi. He screamed, but the impact had knocked the car on it's side. Skeppy was wearing his seatbelt, thankfully, but soon after, the airbags inflated and knocked him against the seat. Immediately after impact, everything went dark.

BadBoyHalo POV

"Skeppy? Skeppy wait!" Bad called out, but Skeppy was already gone. Bad regretted telling Skeppy about the tattoos.

Is he mad at me? I didn't mean to hurt him... Bad felt sad, but at this point he just had to wait for Skeppy to come home. Bad sighed and got up from the chair and headed downstairs. Rat followed him into the kitchen. He looked in the cupboard for the coffee grounds he bought to make his coffee with. The bag wasn't where it normally would be. He looked at the top of the trash bin. The empty bag was on the top of the trash.

"I guess I'll have to go buy more," he sighed to himself.

Rat was sitting on the floor, watching Bad intently, waiting for him to drop something for her. Bad looked down at her.

"Does Lucy-loo want a snack?" He asked her in a sweet baby voice. Rat barked up at him.

Bad took a look in the cabinet for Rat's treats, the bag was also almost empty. He tossed the last 4 treats down to Rat, she licked them up quickly and barked for more. "Sorry Lucy, I don't have anymore," he crinkled the empty package to show her there were no more.

Rat continued barking at him. "I'm sorry! I don't have anymore, Rat!" He held his hands up in such a way that she could see there was nothing in them.

At that moment, Bad's roommate walked into the kitchen. "Having trouble?" she asked.

"We're out of treats." Bad explained quickly.

"I see, well I could go to the store if you want." She suggested.

"No, no, it's fine. I was thinking about going out anyway."

"Well, I can keep her distracted long enough to get outside."

He nodded as Emma kneeled down toward Rat. (She finally has a name)

Bad quickly grabbed his keys and his bright red shoes as he headed toward the door. Once he was outside, he felt less urgency. He yawned, realizing just how little sleep he had actually gotten. "I guess my first stop is McDonald's," he mumbled aloud.

He got into his car and pulled out of the driveway, headed toward the nearest McDonald's. The drive thru line was quite long on that Sunday afternoon. He got into the line and waited for a few minutes. Finally, he got to order his coffee. "One large hot coffee," he asked for. He added emphasis on the hot because one time they had given him a cold coffee.

Once he got his coffee, it only took a few sips before he was fully alert and awake. He preferred McDonald's coffee over the coffee he made at home, even though they both tasted similar. He finished his coffee as he pulled into the Walmart parking lot. There was a parking spot pretty close to the store front, so he parked there and headed into the store.

He got the coffee and dog treats pretty quickly, but before he headed out, he went to the baking aisle and took a look at the gluten free flour. It was more expensive than the other flours, but he couldn't eat gluten, so he had to pay a little extra to make his muffins. He grabbed a heavy bag of gluten free flour. It was $20. The coffee and treats were only $10, so he grabbed a twenty, a ten and two ones from his wallet. He went to the self checkout and finished paying before heading back to his car.

Once he pulled back into the driveway of his house, he decided he would make some muffins. He gave Rat a few treats before getting to work on baking. He made a batch of 24 muffins and put them in the oven. He stood beside the oven, thinking about his conversation with Skeppy. He had to apologize for raising his voice at Skeppy. He always felt bad whenever he did that.

He hated when they fought, it hurt him. He would always make up for it though, Skeppy and Bad were good friends and couldn't stay mad at each other for long. Bad's thoughts were interrupted by the beeping of the oven. It hadn't felt like very long, but he realized he had been thinking for almost 20 minutes. He took the muffins out of the oven and placed them on the counter.

Bad let them cool for a moment before taking the muffins out of the tin and placing them on a rack where they could be grabbed easily, but also allowed them to cool better. Emma peered around the corner before walking into the kitchen.

"Hey! Would you like a muffin?" Bad asked her.

She didn't respond to his question. "Um, I think you might want to see this."

Bad looked at her phone that she was holding out to him. There was a message from Skeppy's mother that read:

I tried to reach Darryl directly, (yes I'm using his real name just this once because it would be odd for the parents to call them Skeppy and Bad.) but he must be busy because he never read it. If he's around please tell him that Zak got into a car crash today and is in a medically induced coma. If he's not busy, could you have him come to the hospital? Thank you.

Chapter Word Count:  1227

Author's Note:

Don't hate me please. I wanted to shake this up a little bit. I know, it's sad, but we'll just have to see what happened. I was talking with my mom about chapter 5 and told her I could either send them to Disney World or have Skeppy get in a car crash. She chose car crash, so don't blame me, blame my mom lmao. Well, if you can somehow still enjoy this story, please give it a vote! I'll try and get part 6 out asap since I don't want to leave y'all with broken hearts. Have a good day if possible :).  (Also I chose muffins for the top because Bad bakes muffins in this chapter :D)

Total Word Count: 1347