Chapter 1

Skeppy POV

Skeppy fell into his chair as he hopped onto teamspeak, ready to record a bedwars video with Bad. It was January 16th and Skeppy wanted to record a few videos so he could spend his birthday with his family. He hopped into the lobby of teamspeak as the sound played, "You've been moved."

"Hey Bad! How's it going?" He said happily.

"Geppy!! You said you'd be ready to record half an hour ago! What took so long?"

"Sorry, I was talking with my mom."

"You always use that excuse!"

"No really! I was!" Skeppy argued.

"Oh yeah, what were you talking about then?" Bad asked sarcastically.

"About my birthday." Skeppy replied.

"Oh yeah, that's tomorrow, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I wanted to record a few videos so I don't have to work tomorrow." Skeppy said.

Bad ignored what he said. "You're turning 20 aren't you?"

"Yep, I'll finally be getting my tattoos." He thought for a moment. Tattoos appear on everyone's arms once they turn 20. One matches your soulmate's, the other matches your worst enemy's, but you don't know which one's which. "I'm a little worried..." He admitted.

"It's ok Skeppy, I'm sure it'll be fine." Bad responded. "Hopefully not like mine..." he muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" Skeppy asked.

"Oh- uh- nothing!" Bad said cheerily, "you just might not want to show any of your fans."

"Yeah, just in case, y'know, something bad happens."

Bad let out a small sigh. "Is something wrong, Bad?" Skeppy asked.

"Huh? No, I'm fine. Let's record some videos, shall we?" Bad made his voice sound cheerful.

...

They recorded several bedwars videos and one $1000 event video that night. Before too long, Bad was yawning and Skeppy knew he would be going to bed soon. Skeppy let out a yawn too.

"I think it's nearly bedtime," he said to Bad.

"I agree. Goodnight Geppy!"

"Goodnight Bad!"

The clock struck midnight.

"Oh, and happy birthday!" Bad said happily.

"Thanks Bad, see you tomorrow."

Disconnected

Skeppy set his headphones down and stood up. He stretched a bit and looked at his left wrist. There was a small dark mark fading onto his skin. It looked like a bruise forming, and if he didn't know better, he probably would've assumed it was a bruise. He shut off the monitor of his pc before heading out of his room. Rocco was in his dog bed in the living room, but followed Skeppy into the kitchen once he saw him. Skeppy poured a glass of water for himself and refilled Rocco's water bowl.

"You're lucky," he muttered to Rocco, "this will never happen to you." He examined his wrist a little more. It hadn't changed, but he was sure it would be clearly visible when he woke up. Downing the glass of water, he headed to his room. The house was dark, so he assumed everyone else had gone to bed already. Rocco always slept in Skeppy's room with him. He climbed into the bed as Rocco hopped onto the mattress. It took a bit longer than usual, but he eventually drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

BadBoyHalo POV

Bad sighed again as he pet the top of Rat's head. He shared a lot of things with Skeppy that he could never share with even those closest to him, but there was one thing he hadn't told anyone. Not even Skeppy. He looked at his wrists. The two marks on both arms, the same tattoo. His soulmate was also his enemy somehow. He had looked all over the internet, but nothing like this had ever happened.

The one thing he hoped was that Skeppy would have normal tattoos, so he wouldn't feel the same anxiety Bad had. The tattoos on both of his arms were in the shape of a black butterfly.

The one on his left arm had formed first, then the one on his right arm. When he saw they shared the same shape and color, he began to worry. He googled everything he could to figure it out, but there was nothing. His parents had asked him if his tattoos had come through normally, so he said yes, but never showed them. Ever since then, he never wore anything but hoodies, even in the Florida heat. His parents had questioned it, but he never told them the reason, so they stopped asking.

He was sure Skeppy would be fine. What were the chances he'd have the same problem? Almost none, he reassured himself. With a sigh and a yawn, Bad took off his hoodie and climbed into his bed.

He laid in the dark with Rat's quiet snores as the only thing breaking the deafening silence. He picked up his phone and opened twitter, looking through his friends' posts from the day. He responded to a few, but not as many as usual. After scrolling for a few minutes he felt his eyelids getting heavy. He plugged his phone into the charger and shut off the screen. It didn't take long before he was asleep.

Skeppy POV

Skeppy woke up and rubbed his eyes. It felt like another normal day, but then he remembered it was his birthday. He glanced at his left arm. The tattoo had fully formed, a small, black butterfly on the right of his wrist under his palm. He pulled his right arm out from under the covers and examined the shape. It was the same little butterfly. There was no difference in shade or shape. It was a perfect replica.