Chapter 15

"Stop giving me that look man. I'll be fine." Naruto said, reassuring the red hair who just pulled over at the side of the road near the college. Naruto said that he could've just travel back to Konoha on his own but Gaara insisted that he wanted to send him off.

Gaara gripped the steering wheel hard before he let go, sighing. "If they, especially that raven ever treats you badly, you know who to call right? I'll be here quickly. Just promise me to give me a call."

"Okay, I'll do that." Naruto promised, already getting ready to go out and bid goodbye to the red hair when suddenly he saw Gaara still have something he wanted to say, he paused.

"I can't believe he doesn't even come to picked you up. He also stopped visiting you after last time. Is he that busy?" Gaara asked.

Naruto recalled all the events that happened along these weeks. He had to take supplementary classes, redo his assignments and assessment in order to achieve the passing mark to advance to the final semester that starts today. Sasuke became his reason of working hard so he really look forward to this day to come.

"He must be, Sasuke mentioned that he helped his brother at his company. I don't know the details but I guess he's preparing to work for his brother after we graduate. He also went to visit his parents overseas so I kind of lost contact with him too. The coverage must be bad over there." That's all that Naruto could say because it's the truth. He haven't talked to Sasuke for few days now.

"Naruto."

Naruto opened the door and he got out, he looked at Gaara and he said in reassurance, "Gaara, I know what you're thinking. I trust him. We did agreed to give each other some space so things could work again between us. I'm ready to face him again and tell him my true feelings."

After saying farewell to Gaara, Naruto walked through the college compound, reminiscing those time when they're still freshmen and now they're on their final years. A lot of things happened.

He walked and greeted the familiar faces that he see, exchanging short conversations with some of the classmates from last semester. They all haven't changed much.

Naruto went to the open hangout area. There are few tables around for the students to gather and do a small study group or discussion. He spotted his squad. One of them waved to Naruto.

"Naruto, here!" Kiba shouted enthusiastically.

"I know I've said this countless of times in the group chat but I missed you guys!" Naruto said while running towards them. He added, "Thank god I managed to settle everything down before coming back." Naruto looks around yet he failed to see someone he's looking forward to see the most. Maybe he's a bit late? Did he overslept? "Um, I'm looking for Sasuke. Where is he? Today's the first day of class, is he coming late again?" Plus we had a lot to talk to.

"You don't know about this matter?" Hinata was the first to ask. Her expression quickly changes too. Everyone looks nervous and it scares Naruto shitless.

"You have to calm down and don't freak out okay?" Kiba told Naruto. He wiped his sweat and looked away. "We also learnt about this a few days ago. He was acting normal and didn't show any weird behavior except that he's avoiding everyone. Gosh, we should've see it coming."

"See what coming? Guys?"

Kiba stood up and he screamed out loud, startling everyone. "He's not here anymore!" He sighed in relief when he finally able to say that, couldn't handle all the stress.

"What's Kiba saying was that Sasuke has left Konoha for good. He left right after your first reunion a few weeks ago. I thought he only went back to Konoha because of some emergency but a few days ago I met Itachi at the chancellor's office and he said Sasuke would not be coming back to finish his study." Neji continued with what Kiba just said, seeing that Naruto couldn't seem to understand what he said earlier.