Chapter 12

"Why I rarely sees you around Kakashi? What are you up to nowadays?" Sasuke asked. Kakashi suddenly showed up at his apartment saying that he will accompany him to the class today.

"I'm just visiting the hospital a bit frequent than I used to. Should I proudly say that it has became my second home by now?" Kakashi said nonchalantly while grinning to the younger man. Though he might not see it because of the face mask he's wearing.

"You should call me, didn't we promised this already? That I'll be by your side until death do us part." Sasuke said calmly. How could he forget the day when Kakashi first showed up in front of him ever again after years. The day that caused his relationship with Naruto to starts breaking apart.

That Kakashi's going to die soon.

"...I want to stay by your side like the old days. I want to be your priority like before..."

That was Kakashi's request, he reluctant on doing it at first because it would hurt Naruto if he ever found out that he's meeting Kakashi, not to mention that Naruto never knew about his past. But after he fought with Naruto because he didn't trust him, he unconsciously did that just to annoy the blonde even more but it backfired when Naruto cheated behind him and even got a girl pregnant. How could he accept that?

Kakashi looked up to the text message that he just got and he abruptly stopped walking and tapped Sasuke's shoulder, making the younger guy to snap out of his train of thoughts.

"I've got to go. Something urgent came up." Kakashi's word was short and precise. He gave the books that he helped to carry back to Sasuke's hands.

"Why? Do you need me to come with you?" Sasuke was getting ready to skip class anyway since there aren't any important classes today. He came because of the group assignments only.

"No need, it would be dangerous if you come along with me."

"Why?"

"Nothing. Look I might not be around you for a while but do not fret. You can call me if you need my 'help'. I'd be glad to be in any help." Kakashi winked to the unfazed guy. He's pretty sure Sasuke got what's he meant by the help but he's playing innocent.

"I'll be occupied with assignments so no thanks. The summer almost coming too. Seriously Kakashi, there's nothing I should be worrying of isn't it?" Sasuke frowned when he heard the jokes that Kakashi made. He tried his best not to smack the older guy with the books he's carrying.

Kakashi wasn't sure what could Sasuke meant by that so he nodded happily. "Don't overwork yourself too much okay? It'll be so funny if you suddenly got a fever or something. You're supposed to enjoy the summer after all."

"Hn, as if." Sasuke smirked, being so oblivious on the sudden change of weather that's approaching them.

Half an hour later.

"Shit." Sasuke arrived at the cafe inside the campus all drenched up because of the sudden downpour.

"Man, it sure is pouring hard huh."

"Luckily you managed to protect the papers and laptop or else." Neji commented while eyeing the backpack that were only a bit wet, because Sasuke protected it with all his might.

Hinata wanted to give her handkerchief to Sasuke but the later declines it. She frowned, and said "Why don't you dry yourself first? You might get sick if you stay in wet clothes."