Chapter 8

Naruto sat by the window, his mind wandering to some place, not realizing that Gaara already arrived.

Gaara stayed still, not saying a word and just sit there, accompanying the blonde. He needed to think about his situation now too.

Naruto's here. The real deal.

Suddenly all of those painful therapies and hours of counseling doesn't seems to help much.

Naruto blinks his eyes, escaping from the memories that he tried so hard in forgetting now. He noticed that Gaara already here in front of him, engrossed in his own thoughts too.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

Gaara's eyes wavered when he locked his glances with Naruto's blue ocean. "You were in deep thought, I couldn't."

Naruto took the mug that was handed by Gaara and sips it down. He played with it, "I'm sorry, I should've called or texted you but I can't, I just want to run somewhere else but then I realized that I hate to be alone in some place with strangers."

"You know, even if you probably think you wouldn't want to come back to this place but still, you're welcome here." Gaara averted his eyes away from Naruto.

"Gaara, you know that I already forgave you right? So don't treat me like I'm some stranger, not you too."

"Sorry. It's been a while so I don't know how... you've changed a lot too." Gaara said quietly, while sipping to his coffee. He saw Naruto smiled to him.

I'm actually scared, that I might hurt you again if I get too close to you.

"Really? I guess, you're too! Your hair became darker. It's nice. Is it still the same as before? The texture?" Naruto asked, wondering about it. He scooted over to Gaara and began touching the red haired man.

He giggles. "I'm glad the softness doesn't changes. I've always like this about you."

Gaara flashed a thin smile while he also ran his fingers through Naruto's blonde locks. His smile grew wider. "Yours too. But have you ever thought of cutting them short? I think shorter hair suits you the most."

"Well, I let them be because Sasu- hey, why don't you give me a haircut later?"

Gaara was taken aback by the sudden request because he definitely heard Naruto trying to mention something about his boyfriend but he didn't. He shrugged it off with, "Okay."

"Why you didn't ask me about the reason why I came back here? You must be wondering about my relationship with him right?"

Gaara threw an unfazed look as he nonchalantly said, "The things you said at the platform, unless you wanted to tell me yourself... I will not ask anything. I don't want you to be unhappy."

"Thanks,"

"Naru-chan!"

Suddenly a man and woman enter the room, more like one of them was running and making a scene. She looks so delighted to see the blond guy again.

"Hey," Naruto's mood definitely enlightened when he saw the siblings. He stood up and happily walked to them.

The woman pulled Naruto for a bone crushing hugs, while it was joined by the man who just arrived after that.

"Temari, he can't breathe."

"But Kankuro, Naru-chan! He's back! Oh my god, Naruto we missed you so much!" A woman named Temari lets the poor boy go to catch some breath, while she still clinging to him. Temari glared at his brother too.

Naruto shook his head, while his face is beaming with happiness. He really didn't mind the excessive skinship as he also missed the siblings so much. "Me too."

"When Gaara said that he's going to you, I was so shocked because I thought he's going to do something outrageous... like there's no way you'd be here, suddenly?"

"I did not." Gaara commented, being careful enough not to fall for that statement. He shouldn't be triggered by it anyway. Of course when he received the phone call he was shocked and so sure a panic attack would come, but luckily it didn't.

"Are you back for good then?" Kankuro asked, ruffling Naruto's blond locks. It's as if inviting everyone to touch it, seriously.

"Well, I'm not sur-"

"He's staying, for as long as he wants to, right Naruto?" The red haired man said, as if it's the most natural thing for him to do. Naruto always listened to him in the past anyway so it doesn't make any different now.

Both Gaara and Naruto exchanged looks, as if having conversation. "Yeah! Please take care of me again." Naruto nodded his head eagerly.

****

"Sasuke, are you sure you want to do this?" Neji asked, putting down the boxes filled with the things that used to belong to Naruto. He looked around, just noticing how empty the apartment now that they cleaned it up.

Naruto was the one who decorated the apartment since Sasuke doesn't show much interest in anything aside from Naruto. Everything in the apartment screamed memories but now, it's all gone.

Neji saw Hinata coming out with a small box from Sasuke's room that he shared with Naruto. It was filled with Naruto's things. Her eyes was teary, Hinata was probably crying just now.

"Naruto have been a part of our lives, your life for years and now you want to throw him away just because of a mistake he doesn't even remember doing?" Neji said calmly, not knowing that whatever he says now will just be pointless.

Sasuke's eyes didn't left the television, although it was turned off. He doesn't even want to look at the things Naruto left at his place. That's how much his hatred towards the blonde guy.

Hinata saw something shiny lying on the floor so she picked it up, wanting to give it to Sasuke but she stopped halfway when she heard him saying something.

"He did this by his own. If he care for me, he wouldn't step out of this place that day and slept with that woman."

"Okay. What should we do with his things?"

"Throw it away, burn them down if you have to, I don't care. I just don't want to see his stuff inside my place again." Sasuke said firmly, standing up from the couch and headed to his room. He slammed the door shut, making the Hyugas to startled by the loud sound.

"Neji, I don't want to do it." Hinata shook her head. She didn't want to obey what Sasuke has ordered but she was too scared to say it because that man is still angry.

Neji sighed. After so much of thinking, he looked at the boxes and said, "Let's move all of his stuffs to our place, and don't tell Sasuke we did that alright?"

Neji gave his cousin a hug, comforting the girl.

"Okay." Hinata said quietly, wiping her tears that already falling down again.

"They're going to be fine again, Hinata."

Hinata glanced at the necklace that she picks up earlier. She found it lying down near the coach, probably when Naruto threw it away yesterday.

Naruto treasures this necklace along with the ring the most.

"Okay." Hinata nods slowly. She determines that she will do something to help her friends.

****

"You fucking liar." Sasuke breathes out, holding in a sob. He covered his face with a pillow and screamed in agony and pain.