Chapter 10

"Hey, how is he doing today?" Kiba asks when he arrives at the usual table their groups would hang out before classes. He gives a soft peck on Hinata's cheek, while the girl replies with a warm smile.

"He's becoming his old self again. Sasuke has been partying and drinking all week! He also brought strangers back to his apartment. Don't ask me what they're doing because I don't want to know." Shikamaru said with so much irritation in his tone. It was his turn to watch for Sasuke this week and believe him, he rather spend time in class than babysit the raven.

It's almost a month since Sasuke and Naruto broke up. Not to mention that Naruto has been suspended from the college, and ever since then Naruto is nowhere to be found. Everyone is afraid that Sasuke would do something stupid so the boys and he have been taking turns to watch over Sasuke for the past weeks.

"We have to do something. Do you really want to see him like that? Destroying his own life, sleeping around and god knows what else he has been doing behind our backs." Kiba pulled his hair in frustration but Hinata stopped him from damaging it any longer; one of bad habit he had.

Neji slams his book shut and put it aside. He turned to everyone with the most serious face he could pull. "So what plan do you have in mind? Perhaps does it involves murder because fine by me. I'm more than willing to track down the mastermind behind this and eliminate him from this world-"

"-or you guys could try to talk to Sasuke? He listens to you guys more than us." Kiba backs away a little, while Shikamaru and Hinata laugh nervously at what they just heard.

Neji clears his throat and said, "Oh."

"Sasuke's still mad about it and didn't want to talk about it. You guys already knew that he'd snapped whenever we unconsciously mentioned Naruto's name in front of him." Hinata added softly.

Everyone grumble in unison, agreeing to what the only woman in their group just said.

"Why that man has to come back and created this mess! I already had a bad feeling the moment he showed up with Sasuke!" Kiba shouted with so much annoyance in his tone.

Of course before Naruto came into their lives, there was Kakashi. Every one of them doesn't really like Kakashi when he was going out with Sasuke. He could be so manipulative and quite a player yet Sasuke still went out with him for a few years.

When they broke up, everyone was delighted because Sasuke really deserves someone better than Kakashi. But now suddenly out of the blue he appeared again and Sasuke didn't seemed to be hating the older guy unlike before. They all wondered what could be the reason of Sasuke's change of heart.

IT WAS NEVER ENOUGH

"How are you feeling today, Mr. Hatake?"

"Better than yesterday, can I go out now?" Kakashi tried his luck one for time, it doesn't hurt to try right? When he see the doctor shakes his head while excusing himself, he knew that he failed yet once again.

"Kakashi, can you stop? You've been a resident at this hospital for weeks. I'm embarrassed that I have to go out to chase after you every single time whenever you ran away?" A man with ponytail said while shaking in anger.

"I missed him. Last time we met when was it? Oh, when we caught his lover cheating on him. I should go and comfort him now. How many days has it been since I was hospitalized again?" Kakashi sighed deeply while throwing his glances through the window, remembering that event where his plan finally worked.

"Kakashi, stop! Why are you doing this to him? I thought you said you wanted to see him happy, that's why I let you came back here despite knowing your condition could get worse any time."