Chapter 23- Selfish

Asiyah's POV.

The past few days have been oddly good to me.

When I woke up in the morning, Azaan had prepared breakfast and he was ready and on time.

He would not stop staring at me while I would eat and I found out that his food is so good. Better than mine.

He would ask me about my day every other day and he would actually always be positive which I do not find normal at all.

He's being extremely nice and careful with everything he says to me.

What happened to him and why is he being this way towards me?

Not that I hate it, I just find it strange.

I was in my room getting ready for school when I heard a knock.

"Can I come in?" I heard Azaan ask.

"Sure" I said as he got in.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Do you mind...skipping school?" he asked.

"What?! Hell no! I don't want to miss anything!" I said.

"Come on I've got something to show you and today's the only day I'm not busy" he said.

"What's so important for me to miss school?" I asked.

"I can't tell you unless we go there" he said.

Not going to lie I really want to know.

One day of skipping school won't hurt. I mean I hope so.

"fine" I said.

"Cool I'll wait for you downstairs!" he said before leaving my room.

I finished getting ready and then went downstairs. We quickly ate breakfast before leaving the house and getting in the car.

He drove for about an hour until we finally arrived.

"The beach? Isn't a bit cold for that?" I asked looking at the view.

"The best time to come at the beach is at this time, come I'll show you why" he said.

We both got out of the car and walked to the beach. It wasn't hot but it wasn't cold.

I just get cold very easily. I feel like people here are used to the weather.

"So what's so special about this beach?" I asked him.

"If we keep walking a bit more there's a restaurant and they make the best seafood hands down and not to forget the starry night views and the sweet romance around" he said.

"The sweet romance?" I asked.

"It's the perfect place for couples, don't be surprised if you see lovers holding hands and looking at each other lovingly" he said.

"Looks like you've already been here" I said.

I took off my shoes as we were walking along the beach. I want to feel the sand and the water touch my feet.

"I come every time I feel lonely or when I remember my past...it somehow calms me and gives me air to breathe when I feel like I'm suffocating inside" he said.

"It's like your happy place?" I asked.

"No you're my happy place" he said.

I stopped and faced him.

"do I make you happy?" I asked him hoping he'd give me an honest answer.

I still don't understand why he likes me so much.