Chapter 20: Escaping Goblin-Town

Start of recap...

As he speaks, Grinnah and the rest of the Goblins begin whipping the dwarves with ropes and leaping upon them, biting and slashing.

[Great Goblin:] “Slash them! Beat them! Kill them! Kill them all! Cut off his head!”

Goblins hold Thorin down, and one of them pulls out his knife and prepares to behead Thorin.

Calen gasps and closes her eyes tight not wanting to see thorin die. 

End of recap...

Third person pov...

Suddenly, there is a massive explosion of bright light; the sound goes muted as a shockwave rips through the area,

flinging goblins in the air and destroying the torturing machines. Everyone is knocked down, including the Great Goblin.

When the force of the explosion has passed, most of the lights in the area have been snuffed out; in the background, a shadow with a tall pointy hat walks up.

It is Gandalf, holding his staff and his sword, Glamdring. Light slowly returns to the area as the goblins and the dwarves slowly look up, recovering from the shock. They all stare at Gandalf.

"Gandalf!!" Calen Screams happily as she sees the Wizard, Gandalf looks at her and sighs in relief.

[Gandalf:] “Take up arms. Fight. Fight!”

The dwarves quickly get up and begin fighting the goblins. Calen as well she swings her short sword at the Goblins knees before stabbing them.

As goblins run at Gandalf, he kills them with his sword and staff. The Great Goblin, still lying on the ground, sees Gandalf’s sword and points at it, crying aloud to his goblins.

[Great Goblin:] “He wields the Foe-Hammer, the Beater, bright as daylight!”

Some of the dwarves reach their pile of weapons and begin tossing the weapons to each other; they use their weapons to defeat the goblins around them.

Oin manages to reclaim his hearing trumpet, although it has been quite flattened. Nori, while fighting, lands on the floor; the Great Goblin runs at him and swings his mace.

[Dwarf:] “Nori!”

Thorin jumps forward and deflects the Great Goblin’s blow, causing the Great Goblin to stumble backward and fall off the edge of his platform, falling to the depths below.

Calen laughs slightly as he falls.

The rest of the Dwarves, Calen and Gandalf continue to fight.

[Gandalf:] “Follow me. Quick! Run!”

Cutting down the goblins around them, the dwarves and Gandalf run along a pathway leading away from the throne room.

Calen eventually gets picked up by one of the Dwarves around her waist as they run she contined to swing her sword at the Goblins.

Gandalf and the dwarves are running through the suspended passageways of Goblin Town, with hundreds of goblins running after them.