Chapter 5 The Dwarfs Are Here! (3)

Chapter 5

Start of recap...

Dwalin pours his ale into Oin’s hearing trumpet, and as Oin splutters in anger, everyone else laughs.

Oin puts his hearing trumpet to his mouth and blows the ale out of it, making it squeal. One of the dwarves yells, “On the count of three!” and the dwarves pound their tankards together.

Someone counts, “One!...Two!” Then all the dwarves go quiet and begin drinking their ale together.

They are incredibly messy, as ale falls all over their faces and runs down their beards.

When finished drinking, they begin burping; the youngest, Ori, lets out the biggest burp. The dwarves laugh. Bilbo looks away in disgust, Calen oses her eyes a bit at the mess they are making

End of recap...

Third person pov...

When the meal finishes(finally) , the dwarves leave the table and begin walking about. Bilbo grabs a doily back from Nori.

[Bilbo:] “Excuse me, that is a doily, not a dishcloth!”

[Bofur:] “But it’s full of holes!”

[Bilbo:] “It’s supposed to look like that, it’s crochet.”

[Bofur:] “Oh, and a wonderful game it is too, if you got the balls for it.”

[Bilbo:] “Bebother and confusticate these dwarves!”

[Gandalf:] “My dear Bilbo, what on earth is the matter?”

[Bilbo:] “What’s the matter? I’m surrounded by dwarves. What are they doing here?”

[Gandalf:] “Oh, they’re quite a merry gathering, once you get used to them.”

"I don't think he will Mr Gandalf" laughed Calen as Bilbo slapped her head slightly at her cheek.

Smiling Calen walked of to Kili Fili, she new they were about to start singing so she watched and sang with them.

[Ori:] “Excuse me. I’m sorry to interrupt, but what should I do with my plate?”

[Fili:] “Here you go, Ori, give it to me.”

Fili takes the plate from Ori and throws it to Kili, who throws it behind his back to Bifur, who is standing at the sink in the kitchen.

Bifur catches it behind his back, without even looking at it. Kili, Fili, and other dwarves begin throwing the plates, bowls, and utensils to each other, eventually throwing them to the sink to be washed.

As dishware flies through the air, Gandalf ducks to avoid getting hit, Calen laughs and claps her hands and Fili and Kili bow.

[Gandalf:] “Oh!”

[Bilbo:] “Excuse me, that’s my mother’s West Farthing crockery, it’s over a hundred years old!”

The dwarves at the tablet begin rhythmically drumming on the tablet with utensils and their fists.

[Bilbo:] “And can-can you not do that? You’ll blunt them!”