Chapter 32

“So we’re going to a really expensive place that none of us can actually afford?” I asked blankly, looking at the big golden door of the famous restaurant in front of me.

“Today we can.” Cal chimed, grinning happily.

“We saved up. Even I had to give some of my money.” Michael mumbled and Ashton giggled loudly, making us all look at him.

“You didn’t have to.” Lisa bumped Michael on the arm with her elbow, making him look down at her face and smirk.

“I did. Luke made me.” Michael said through gritted teeth and then started laughing, letting me know he wasn’t actually mad.

“Yeah, Luke, how did you know anyway?” I asked curiously and Luke looked away.

“Um… You know when you looked at my documents and found out my last name so I told you I used illegal sources to find your phone number?” Luke rambled on with a quiet tone in his voice, making us all stare at him with expectation. The others probably knew what he was talking about because they’ve all been planning this for days so they probably just wanted to see how he will get out of it with me.

I nodded and raised my eyebrows, letting Luke know to continue.

“Yeah well… I got the date of your birth, your family history, your blood type and your medical history as well.” Luke blushed and I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Oh did you now.” I made a serious face and looked at him with a blank expression in my eyes. I couldn’t stop the smile that was tingling on my lips so I just let it slip. Luke exhaled and looked relieved.

“You’re such a stalker.” Ashton remarked, giggling again.

“Ashton, you laugh like a girl.” Michael glared at Ashton and Ashton walked into him, pushing him a few feet to the side.

“I can do karate, Mike.” Ashton grumbled in a low tone but I knew he was in fact just messing around.

“Can we go eat now, if you two kids don’t mind?” Lisa asked loudly with annoyance in her voice. She was like me; angry when hungry.

“After you.” I heard Luke say and I turned around to see him holding the door open for me. I chuckled embarrassedly as I walked into the restaurant, the others following behind me. Ashton was coming last and Michael shut the door right in front of his face, Ashton opening it right after and making inhuman faces behind Michael’s back as if he wanted to snap his neck but couldn’t because the restaurant we were in was too formal.

“We’ve got a reservation for Ward.” Calum said to the receptionist and the black haired girl smiled sweetly. She couldn’t have been older than us. Maybe even younger. I’ve always wondered how young people like that can find such good jobs. They must have some real good connections.

“Mr. O’Donald will lead you to your table, Mr. Hood.” She grinned and I saw Calum smirk as he turned to us and motioned us to follow him. I jogged closer to Calum so I could talk to him without everyone hearing.

“What was that?” I smiled conspicuously and Calum glared at me playfully.

“Shut up. She’s the reason we are able to have this dinner here.” Calum low key explained and I let out a muffled laugh.

“Is she the girl you almost swallowed on the new year’s party?” I couldn’t help but wonder out loud, making Calum bump me with his elbow.

I’ll take that as a yes.

The waiter led us to the table Calum’s reserved and we sat down. It was more like a separate booth with a big round seat like a half moon and a big round table.