Chapter 2

"And last one is packed!" I chimmed happily as I took the final box of my stuff and carried it to my car.

"Call whener you need anything, okay?" my mum, who was now being left alone in our big, family house, said with a lovely smile.

Even though she doesn't mind that I'm moving because she has business trips every now and then, seeing her like this and knowing I won't be living with her anymore kind of poked me in the heart.
"I'll come visit you whenever you're home!" I promised and hugged her tight for a few minutes. When we let go, I sat in my car taking one last look at my old home. The beautiful, big house with washed out blue windows and a big, wooden porch that carried a big, comfortable swing. I always used to sit there whenever I got in a fight with my parents. I'd just rock on the swing and observe the life in our street, saying hi to the old neighbours that were coming home carrying their grocuries or just walking their dogs.

My mum stood next to my car window waving at me. I could see her eyes water although she tried to hide it so I waved at her pulling down the car window. "Love you, mum." I said and smiled as I started the car.

"I love you too, baby." she said smiling and still waving at me. I pulled out of the driveway and started the trip to my new life. I quickly searched for the CD mix tape I had put in my bag before I finished packing, being careful to watch the road. When I found it, I put on my current favorite; Centuries by Fall out boy. I turned the volume on almost the loudest and sang out the top of my lungs as I drove to the city I will be living in from today on.

With my favorite songs from my favorite bands and with me having fun singing and talking to Calum on the phone half of the way, I was there before I knew it.

Lisa, my friend who's loaning me the flat, sent me the exact directions and said she would leave the keys behind the plant outside the door. Apperently my new roomate has already moved in so I thought we'd have to spend our day getting to know each other.

I took a deep breath before unlocking the door, preparing myself for the awkward introductions and a bit of chatting.

As I came in the apartment, I saw a nice hallway and a pretty modern kitchen with some glasses on the sink. I crossed the hallway noticing some album records thrown all over the floor, there were albums from bands like by All time low, Green day, Europe, Blink 182, Fall out boy and all other kinds of classic rock. The apartment was engagingly messy, there were some clothes on the floor, the TV was on although nobody was in the living room. A pair of headphones were thrown over the couch and a blanket was hanging on the kitchen chair, all scrambled up.
I smiled at the sight of my new home, I liked the home atmosphere.

Just as I brought in my suitcases and placed them next to the kitchen bar, I heard a door open on the other side of the apartment. My head turned to the direction where the noise came from and I saw a boy coming out of, what it looked like, a bathroom.

He had a grey beanie on his head and a pair of trousers perfectly hanging from his hips. He was also shirtless, exposing me his perfect V line and his perfectly sculped muscles. He closed the door to the bathroom and turned around, facing me. When he noticed I was standing there he stood in place, confusion written on his face.

"What the hell are you doing in my apartment?!" he asked looking me with his bright blue eyes, still not moving. And that's when I realised who he was.

"You're the guy who came to my shop a few days ago." I ignored his question and leaned on my hip. "Oh my God, don't tell me you're my new roomate?!" I whined, slapping myself on the forehead. Lisa never told me my new roomate would be a guy. If my mum knew she would probably offer to pay for my own apartment.

"Wait, wait, wait. You're going to be my roomate?" he smirked and exhaled, a cloud of smoke coming out of his mouth. That's when I noticed he was holding a cigarette in his hand. I made a face, trying not to inhale the smoke and waved my hand in front of my face to clear up the air.

"Apperently." I sighed and shrugged. "Could you please throw that away?" I asked looking at the cigarette between his fingers.

"Why?" he smirked again as he took a smoke.

"I hate the smell." I simply explained.

I watched him observe me, his eyes shamelessly trailing from my face to my body, exhamining me from tip to toe. I didn't know what to do so I just awkwardly stood in front of him, blushing. When I switched the balance to my right leg he finally spoke.

"For you, just this once." he gave me a huge, teethy smile making it impossible for me to ignore his lip ring. He threw the cigarette to the floor and just stepped on it to turn it out. I blankly stared at him.

"You're just going to leave it there, like that?" I accidentally blurted out not meaning to sound as harsh.
He looked at me with a serious expression and for some reason I wished I had just stayed quiet, but since I now obviously almost ruined the 5-minutes "friendship" with the guy whose name I didn't even know yet, there was not going back anymore. So I just went with it.

"It's ruining the floor. And you might aswell step on the ashes once you take your shoes off." I explained smiling sweetly at him, taking my suitcases and walking next to him to find my room.

He came out of the bathroom so I walked past that door, finding two more in another, smaller hallway.

"Yours is on the left." I heard him yell as he walked away and disappeared behind the corner. I swung the door open and found myself in a room with pastel purple walls and a white, fluffy carpet, it looked just like a little girl used to live here. I could imagine why this wasn't his room. I smiled at the thought and heard a knock on my already opened door. He was standing there with my suitcases, holding them with ease. I blushed because I could barely pick them up and I'd still stumble while trying to carry them.

"Thanks..." I trailed off, taking them out of his hands and leaning them next to the bed.

"I'm Luke." he said and held out a hand for me to shake.

"I'm Layla." I introduced myself aswell, taking his hand and beginning to shake it, but instead of shaking it, he spun me around like a ballerina. I awkwardly laughed at the gesture and looked at him confused.

"Sorry, I used to do that with my neighbour whenever I'd see her. It became a habit, I guess." he returned, a light pink burning his cheeks.

"Don't apologize." I waved him off. "Um... So I'll just go carry in the boxes that I left in my car." I said pointing to the door that I accidentally left opened, a sight of my car pulled up on the driveway coming in view.

"I'd help you, but I'm going out." he said and before I could assure him that it's okay, he just walked out of the apartment, grabbing a shirt from the hanger on his way out.

I sighed as I watched him leave. Well this is going to be interesting.

___
Hii, this is my new fanfiction and I know it's only got a few chapters but I've got everything planned out and I'll be updating whenever I can! Hope you liked it, and please tell me if you did haha!<3