Chapter 41

Luke’s POV

“Let’s play Twister.” Lay picked her head up from the couch she was laying on and I looked at her. Her long, now light blonde hair was messed up all over her chest and the couch and she looked adorable in her pajamas.

It’s been three weeks since she’s dyed her hair and she couldn’t shut up about how much she loved the new color. I couldn’t complain though, she looked adorable whining about her hair every couple of seconds and I had an excuse for staring at her excited face and little scrunched nose anyway.

And about the situation between her and me and about where we were at, we still haven’t talked it out. I had my moments when I pecked her lips quickly because she was driving me crazy and I couldn’t stop myself before doing it, but she would always look so taken aback that I didn’t even try and push it further. I figured she would let me know if she wanted anything more, or if she wanted to put a label on it.

It’s funny because I used to be the fucked up one who was incapable of catching feelings. And now she was the shy one, at least shy about the relationship part anyway. To be completely honest, I didn’t even know if I was ready for an actual relationship, but taking note that her and my relationship would probably be just as it is now, I couldn’t complain if it happened.

“Twister? Lay, I may be lanky but I am not flexible.” I chuckled from my spot on the floor where I was sitting on. I’d decided to let Lay take the whole couch since she kept readjusting herself and accidentally kicking me with her feet so I gave up and sat on the floor.

“Come on, we can get drunk and play it. It’ll be fun because we won’t have any balance.” Lay propped herself on her elbows and pouted. At this point I was sure she already knew I’ve given up because every time she made a stupid request and pouted at me, I was defeated.

“Fine. But I don’t have Twister though.” I rolled my eyes and hoped she wouldn’t jump and tell me we’re going to go and buy it.

“We can make it!” She squealed excitedly and my eyes widened.

This option is so much worse. I’d rather go buy it.

“Can I just go to the store and get it?” I pleaded, lazy to actually make a Twister.

“Fun killer.” Lay abruptly frowned at me and pretended to pick at her nails.

“Come with me?” I stood up and put my hand out for her to take. She looked at it and then up at me, smiling widely and accepting my hand. “You didn’t actually think I’d go to the store alone. I need to have someone tell me boring facts about hair dye.” I joked as Lay bumped my shoulder with her hand. “You’re like the second Michael.” I added, chuckling.

“I thought you liked my new hair!” Lay protested loudly, a panic look in her eyes.

“I do!” I defended before she could conclude anything bad. We put on our shoes and coats and were ready to leave the apartment. Lay opened the door when my laughter stopped her from walking outside.

“Are you coming? What’s funny?” She asked with the keys dangling from her hand.

“You’re going in your pajamas?” I waved towards the ends of her night pants peeking from below the end of her coat.

“Oh shit.” Lay ran to her bedroom to change and I leaned on the wall, waiting for her.

~

“And my mum used to wonder why I hate going shopping with females.” I mumbled under my breath as I pulled the stuffed trolley behind me so I could walk to Lay who was rummaging through the shelves with shampoos. She quickly threw some tubes into the trolley as she continued walking around the same spot a few times, over and over again.