Chapter 43

Read the author's note to the end it's got important stuff in it!!

~

Layla's POV

We've come home at 11 in the evening and jumped on the couch straight away. I was happy and excited for some reason and I concluded that was because I've met Luke's parents and because it actually went well, despite to what happened at the beginning.

Luke took off his black Converse and threw his jacket on the kitchen bar as he walked into the living room, deciding to throw himself right on top of me.

"Why?!" I groaned, laughing. Luke shoved his head in the cushions over my shoulder and put his hands on either side of me.

"Because you make a nice pillow." He mumbled.

"I should be using you as a pillow, not you me." I put my hand on the back of his head and started going through his hair. I tried not to because it would seem clingy but I couldn't help myself, since his hair was brushing against my face every second.

"It's fine like this as well." Luke turned his head and kissed my cheek briefly. Blushing, I turned my head away from him as I grinned, hoping he wouldn't notice.

"Luke? I noticed how you introduced me to your mum today." I couldn't stop my mouth before speaking and Luke seemed to freeze on top of me. He didn't move and his breathing hitched.

"Oh. Um- yeah, I- uh..." He stuttered and got off of me, sitting next to me as he put my legs on top of his. "I was- excited and um-"

"No, don't worry. I didn't mind." I smiled. But what if he didn't want to call me his girlfriend? What if he did that because he didn't think his parents would take it so well?

"So you like that?" Luke asked quietly, raising his eyebrows.

"What exactly?" I asked, I myself being sort of confused and overwhelmed.

"Um- Lay..." Luke scratched the back of his head. "Would you like to be my girlfriend?" He then blurted out and I started blushing heavily again. I put my palms on my cheeks in order to cool them off.

"I would." I nodded and Luke gave me an enormous grin. He grabbed my foot and tickled it briefly before he quickly let it fall back down and made a startled expression.

"Oh my God! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" He put his hands up like he was surrendering and I frowned in confusion.

"What?" Furrowing my eyebrows, I sat up in my spot.

"I... tickled... you?" Luke asked more than he stated and he frowned as well.

"I didn't notice." I laughed slightly. "I didn't mind." I stated as I realized the trauma of tickling and being touched has slowly started going away.

Luke and I kept staring at each other, both of our smiles growing gradually.

"Try again!" I squealed excitedly and Luke giggled, raising his eyebrows at me. "I squealed again, didn't I." I then asked, making an apologetic face.

Luke nodded quickly and waved his hand. "It was cute." He smiled and bit his lip, catching his lip ring on the way. I found myself blankly staring at his lips and then I shook my head.

"Please don't do that." I quietly said, still staring at his mouth. Luke's lip ring was let go by his teeth when he spoke again.

"Do what?"

"Bite your lip. And play with your lip ring." I explained, finally being able to look him in the eyes instead of his lips. Luke smirked cockily yet adorably.