Comfortable & Cozy

He'd fallen asleep.

Sitting cozy on the couch in the silence of the living room; a warm glow flickered off the wall into the hallway from the fireplace. Daryl's head laid peacefully on her lap. They'd got into this position in first place when she'd walked through the front door from the freezing outside, wiping her boots onto the floor mat. Her cheeks and nose were tinted a rosey red, but her ears were thankfully kept warm from her grey beanie.

She rubbed her gloved hands together for some warmth to relieve the chill of the cold outside before making her way in. Arms crossed she walked her way down the hall and into the dim lighted kitchen where she'd seen a familiar face standing near the counter with a blanket bundled Judith, Michonne and Rj.

They all seemed to have steaming hot mugs filled with some coco that filled the entire kitchen with a sweet smell of chocolate. The kids stirred the rich milk in their mugs with smiles and laughter that brought a genuine warmth to her chest.

A smiled danced onto her lips as she walked through, getting their eyes to glance her way with welcoming smiles along with Daryl's. He didn't waste a second leaving Michonne's side and walking over towards the stove where another mug was left keeping warm.

With a swift turn of his heel, he was making his way towards her now holding out the steaming mug of hot chocolate that she gratefully accepted into her cold gloved fingers. With a gracious smile, she watched him give one last glance back towards the giggling trio. Seeing that they had been occupied in their coco, laughter, and small talk, he returned his gaze back to hers.

"Come on"

Gently with a guiding hand sliding to the mid of her back to have her turn and follow, he'd been stopped. Watching him then turn his head back towards the kitchen, Michonne stood with a grin playing on her lips with her mug in hand.

"Hold it right there, Daryl. I think you forgot about something?"

Connie read Michonne's lips, but was just as confused as Daryl. He didn't seem that confused though, but more tense.

"What?"

Michonne rolled her eyes watching him act so clueless for all the reasons she knew,"Well you see, I'm pretty sure mistletoe has a thing that follows where if your standing underneath it with another person you've got to kiss them."

Connie glanced above to see exactly what Michonne was talking about. Mistletoe. It was there without a doubt just hanging above them. She felt a blush paint her already rosey cheeks before returning her gaze back to Daryl who gave a brief timid glance her way.

"That wasn't there before."

Michonne shrugged," It is now" lifting her mug she took a sip with a devious look in her eyes that he'd caught onto. She'd planted it when he wasn't looking. Of corse.

A giggle came from Judith immediately causing his eyes to advert to the young girl.

"You in on this?"

She smiled," I didn't do anything."

"Go on, Dixon." She egged on a light hearted teasing in her voice that followed her more than eager words.

Watching the side of his face turn red, Connie couldn't help but grin at the plan the two had set up for him to be caught with her under the door way. Family will be family. Without another second, Connie leaned over and placed a sweet kiss onto the side of his warm cheek. Lingering for just a quick second, she withdrew to meet his troubled gaze and red cheeks.

She was sure once she'd kissed him the trio were teasing and giggling when he'd slid his arm to the mid of her back once more before exiting the kitchen leaving the light hearted teasing behind. Walking side by side just a few steps down the hall until they made their way to the living room where the fireplace had been turned on. The room had a nice warm glow and smelt of burning wood and fresh pine from the Christmas tree they'd cut down the other day in the woods. There it was standing tall in the corner of the room by the window with colored lights tangled all in its bushy branches with homemade ornaments and a Christmas star that topped its crown.