Different Yet The Same

•• Jerry & Daryl interaction••

"You think it's about time we start heading to Oceanside, boss?"

"Yes, Jerry. I believe so."

Jerry nodded with a genuine smile," I'll get the love bird." Taking a step past the man, a quick hand to the shoulder turned him back around to face Ezekiel's skeptical face.

"Tread carefully If you will."

With a smile and a nod, Jerry reached up and patted the hand on his shoulder," You got it, boss."

"It's a dog."

"No. That's a cat."

"Nah."

"Yes."

"Nah. It's a Dog. Look at the tail." Daryl pointed out to the puffy white cloud in the sky that resembled the shape of a dog, though Connie had thought otherwise. They'd been laying on a cotton felt blanket in the grass on the quiet side of Alexandria, looking up at the sky and naming clouds. Laying next to each other with her head nestled onto his shoulder and their hands tangled in a warm embrace.

Her eyes squinted into the sky, looking at his finger pointing towards the "tail" of the shaped animal. It was clearly a cat. A cat for sure. Shaking her head again with a straight frown, she signed,

"Cats have long tails too."

"So do dogs."

Raising an accusing brow as she glared across to him with a knowing look, she watched a brief smile ghost his lips. He was amused at the fact she was giving him "the" look, but to her she was right and maybe he knew that and wanted to keep pulling her leg for more cute eye rolls and silent scoffs.

"What?"

Untangling her fingers from his, she rose her hand and gently whacked his chest watching that smile of his grow.

"You know it's a cat." She signed with a tight frown that caused him to return his eyes back to the sky smile turning into a smirk. Mumbling a mischievous, "maybe" that she read from his lips cause an amused smile of her own to dance onto her lips at his cuteness.

Admiring him from the side with a genuine warmth written on her face, she leaned towards him and pressed a gentle kiss onto his cheek before placing her head back onto his shoulder. The action had drew his hand she'd once held, snake around her shoulders to hold her close to his side as they gazed into the blue sky that was spotted with white clouds trailing along.

Enjoying the time alone, laying with each other with no wondering eyes it felt nice. To be outside together and not really have to hide inside from everyone else for once. The warmth from his body and the snugged position of her head laying on his shoulder made her feel at ease. Feeling comfortable as a small breeze brushed against their warm skin.

"That's adorable."

Feeling Daryl's hand withdraw from around her shoulder, sitting up, Connie sat up along with him, turning her head to see who'd came upon them this time.

Jerry. He was walking up with that usual warm smile of his that never seemed to disappear off his face. Every time he smiled his eyes were bright and jolly. A hint of silliness behind his smiles appeared bringing a sense of relief to everyone around him. He could break a tense silence with a witty joke. That's just who Jerry was.

"It's time? "

Jerry nodded with a tight frown,"Unfortunately. I'd let this moment of yours last longer, but boss man says it's time to bounce."