Tattle Tale

"So, what happened last night?"

Daryl could sense the smirk playing on Michonne's lips without even looking up to see. Biting the inside of his bottom lip, he kept his eyes on the table he was setting up for him and Connie. While he was waiting for her to get back from spending her day with her family, he'd made some dinner for her.

Just a simple venison stew with some fresh alexandrian bread sliced and waiting warm on the stove top. Mean while he was having to endure some confrontational teasing from Michonne all because a little boy by the name of RJ.

"Don't know what your talkin' bout." He'd shrugged, glancing up to meet her raised brow and crossed arms as she stood, leaning against the door way of the kitchen. An amused chuckle jostled her shoulders at his comment.

He sighed.

"Well last night before I went and put the kids to sleep in their room, Rj wanted to give his uncle Daryl a hug goodnight" Daryl rose his hand to his mouth and nipped at the skin on his thumb, dropping his eyes from Michonne's knowing.

He knew where this was going.

"And when he came back, I asked if he'd got what he wanted" her smile lingered," problem was he didn't. Said he tried to open the door but it was locked." Michonne prodded. Eyes glued to the man who'd kept his eyes on the table he'd set up nicely for two.

Daryl lifted his head slightly glancing at her for a moment before adverting his gaze back to his dinner for two," didn't want to be bothered. That's all."

"Ah" she hummed watching as the muscles in his jaw tensed and a shade of pink lightly dusted his cheeks," Smart. Locking the door is always rule number one unless you want someone like Jesus mistakingly walking in."

Daryl groaned," Chonne."

She chuckled. Satisfied in watching the Dixon uncomfortably squirm under her taunting gaze. Whenever she saw her chance she took it. Daryl was still the same Daryl he'd been, but something was different. He'd had a glint in his eyes that he hadn't had before. A vulnerability that showed he'd let his walls down. She brought out the best in him.

It was hard not to poke.

"Alright, alright I'll stop for now."

"Good. Besides I told him goodnight before you swept him up from the living room."

She shrugged," he wanted his hug" a smiled tugged at the corner of her lips and she swore she'd seen a ghosted smile of his own before he'd ducked his head.

"He's a tattle tale"

Michonne let out that choked chuckle again," He's six Dixon, and he loves you" she added more gently,"They both do."

Daryl looked at Michonne and met her gaze. In the dimly lit kitchen, she could see that small smile on his lips followed by an amused hum in his chest. He had the tendency to avoid moments like these, but he was doing pretty good with keeping his eyes less on the table and more on her, giving a nod.

"Yeah, well, he's not getting any chocolate milk from me for a while."

A grin over took her features at the comment, chuckling once more. Walking up towards him, she gave him a gentle punch to the shoulder.

"We'll see how long that last" she quipped before walking past the man and heading toward the door way before stopping and looking over her shoulder," and Daryl" she called watching his turn. She smiled.

"Have a nice dinner. I'm sure she'll love it."

"Enough to lock the door?"

She grinned," Yeah. Sure."

=~>=~>=~>=~>=~>=~>=~>=~>=~>=~>=~>=~

• Hey, just felt like writing this! Short and simple! I know there is no Connie in this, but she is mentioned lol had this running through my brain for a while and I needed to just write it out!

Anyways a new full chapter will be out soon!! Stay healthy, happy and hopeful!!

-sincerely, Disney Girl🧟‍♀️