Chapter 17

Hey loves, it may have taken a bit longer than anticipated but here it is. Let me know what you guys think of the story. If I’m doing bad and need to correct something, let me know. If you’d like for me to something or dedicate a chapter to you, then let me know lol I don’t bite ….much, JK ^_^  Anyway here is the next chapter.

<Azura’s POV>

                “Well I guess it’s settled then, but I have one question though.” Alex said with a thoughtful expression. “Uh, what are you going to do about food tonight?”

“Well, I was going to have my mate bring some pizzas and stuff.” I said

“Oh ok” he said. I could tell by the look on his face that he wanted to say more, but I was glad that he didn’t. “I’m going to stay here until he gets here then I’ll be heading back to your dad’s.”

                I nodded my head then walked over to my friends. Tiffany didn’t waste a minute.

“Ok so its later, now tell us what that woman did for you to be so rude.” Tiffany demanded and I let out a low growl. She put her hands up in surrender.

Sighing I answered her question. “I honestly don’t know. There was just something about her that rubbed me the wrong way. Her eyes…” I trailed off remembering the in her eyes. “Her eyes were watching me closely and they held danger in them. Lani didn’t trust it so I didn’t. Also her scent was off I don’t know how or even why but I knew as soon as I smelled her. She is not allowed back here.” I said with a growl.

                Everyone held up their hands in surrender. I don’t know why I’m antsy but I am. I looked around and curiosity began to take over. We had seen the house but we haven’t checked out the property the house was on. Then the idea to go for a run as a pack came to mind; seeing as how that’s what we are now, despite our small numbers.

“Hey let’s go for a run and check out the property.” Eric suggested. It was like he read my mind.

“You read my mind dude? I was just thinking that.” I laughed and playfully punched him in the arm. “So do you guys agree that we should go check out the rest of what belongs to us?”

                Everyone agreed. So we put our belongings in the house then ran back out into the open.

“This is how we’re going to do this. I want all the ladies with me and all the dudes go with Jerome. With this much land we should find something interesting. So we’re going to make a game out of it, whoever comes back with most interesting discovery, then they get a whole pizza to themselves. We have a lot of property to cover so make haste.”  I said and my friends began to excitedly talk and before I could get everything started, my guards decided to speak to me which was fine because I wanted to talk to them too

“Alpha…” Demarcus started to say concern on his face and worry was evident in his voice, but I interrupted him.

“I know that you’re going to say something along the lines about my safety. I appreciate that I do but this will give everyone a chance to…uhm… bond. I guess that’s the word I’m looking for. But if you still feel uncomfortable with the arrangements then you can come with me.” I said in a rush not really giving him a chance to speak.

                Demarcus was taken aback and the expression on his face was priceless. Apparently he was used to getting his way and didn’t like being interrupted. Oh well, too bad. I looked from Demarcus to the others and seen that a couple were trying not to laugh. Oh this was going to be so much fun. I thought, t thinking ways to bug him. He needs to loosen up anyway. I laughed at that thought.