Chapter 9

The sun was setting by the time I had gotten home. I was at the mall all day. No wonder my parents were worried. Even knowing that, I took my time about going in the house, I was trying to get my thoughts together. As soon as I go in the house, they will know that my scent was altered even just a little no thanks to the enhanced senses of  granted by our wolves. Sometimes, it can be a pain in the neck.

'Azura' Cameron spoke along our link ,he sounded a little amused. That is so not cool.

'What is it Cameron?' Really not in a playful mood. He must've caught on because all traces of amusement left his voice.

'Calm down I can feel your anxiety and it's doing a number on wolf. He wants to come to you now just to comfort you.'  He said sternly. I was stunned that he would use that tone of voice with me. I didn't know what to say.

'Azura look...'  He started when I cut him off.

'Who the hell are you talking like that?!' I said, making sure he knew exactly how I felt about that. My wolf was giving me hell,she so doesn't like when I talk to Cameron that way. But right now I don't care.

'It's your fault I'm in this mess. Now you gotta face my family and....'

'Azura!' He said using his alpha tone on me,or tried to anyway.Either way.it was sexy as hell and made the mark he gave me heat  up,sending  sparks of pleasure coursing through me.

'What?!'  I snapped. I knew it wasn't his fault and that he wasn't to blame,but I was such a mess right now.

He softened his voice when he spoke to me.

'Calm down, it's going to be ok. You're making it more than it really is.There's nothing to worry about, you're gonna be fine. If it makes you feel better, I'll be right here with you.' He said sending so much confidence and strength across our bond making me feel better.

'You're right,I don't know why I freaked out . I guess it was a system overload.' I replied with a weak smile,even though he couldn't see me.

I take a deep breath and slowly let it out.

'Wish me luck' I said walking to the front door.

'Good luck' He chuckled before I opened the door.

          The sight that greeted me made me groan.My dad had assembled about 30 of our pack members,splitting them up into groups of 5 and sending them all over the place. They were all in the den. I could hear my dad barking orders.

".....And I want your group to search the mall, seeing as how that's the last place she was. None of you had better come back without her!" He growled,power lacing his every word making the pack members assembled before him flinch and step back.

        I heard a sniffle coming out of the dinning room. I peaked and seen my mom sitting there looking worried out of her mind. Shane rubbed her back in a circular motion,looking like he'd rather be somewhere else. He rolled his eyes up towards the ceiling ,sighing heavily.

"Mom its going to be ok " he said automatically.

              Hunter was leaning his back against  the wall,with his arms crossed over his chest. Amusement was written all over his face. Shane glared at him,making him laugh. I couldn't help the laugh that came out. They turned towards me. My mom was so relieved to see me, she started to weep. Hunter just laughed eve harder,then he smiled and gave me a look that said 'you are so busted'. I wanted to throw something at him. Shane went to say something to me,but then his gaze wasn't on me but behind.